Hydrogen-Powered Plane Startup Just Raised $21 Million From Bill Gates, Amazon and More

That "Powertrain Timeline" is something else.

2023 for their 500NM, 10-20 seater, then four years later a Dash-8 equivalent? Then three years after that an E195 equivalent? Five years after that an A320? If they were just building a clean sheet Jet-A powerplant and slotting it into existing types that would madness. But this is a whole new fuel system, too. Even if their technology is that scalable, that quickly, you can't do such major modifications--with novel technology, no less--at that pace.

Yeah if I would have been drinking coffee I would have spit it out seeing that graphic. You dont see hydrogen trains, ships or widespread car usage, it sure as hell wont be powering planes anytime soon. There has been so little innovation with fuel sources in aviation that it's going to continue at a glacial pace of change. I'm more under the belief that the next big propulsion leap will be Bob Lazar element 115 ish.

1612333167494.png

Yeah if I would have been drinking coffee I would have spit it out seeing that graphic. You dont see hydrogen trains, ships or widespread car usage, it sure as hell wont be powering planes anytime soon. There has been so little innovation with fuel sources in aviation that it's going to continue at a glacial pace of change. I'm more under the belief that the next big propulsion leap will be Bob Lazar element 115 ish.

View attachment 57782
Wow, hadn’t heard of Bob Lazar and element 115. Thanks, I was just finishing up my 12th step in quitting conspiracy theories!
I try to get out, and they suck me back in!

Wow, hadn’t heard of Bob Lazar and element 115

Ooo dig deeper, you're in for a treat!

Check out this doc, it's really good:

Also, this should be required viewing for anyone with even a remote interest in the subject. The most well done and compelling UFO doc i've seen, with interviews from some really credible people.

(there's a torrent out there if you dont wanna pony up for the rental)

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how some people get rich, and how others stay that way.
The book is Outliers. You’d be amazed how much luck (or whatever you want to call it) is involved in life. The most interesting is athletes and their age and development growing up in sports.

As to the topic, H2 is a dead end. The whole supply chain is so lossy that you might as well just burn oil.

Unless nukes, which no one seems to want to do either.

Current battery capacity for transportation is barely above the "toy" level in the big picture. Like a bad ASCII pR0N picture from 1979, it only works if you squint hard.

There ARE, however, lots of people looking to cash into the hype, so along with all kinds of other "tech" that are problems looking for solutions to mess up, H2 is a dumpster fire in which to throw money.

Back