Hurricane Gustav and movin' out the planes

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
So what's the status of the FBO's or airports in the hurricane area? does anyone need a place to put their plane(s)?

not that i have anywhere you can put them....but if we need to pull some punch and get discount landing fees or what not for anyone that wants to bring them out here in AZ, i'm sure we can work on that with our phx connections (no guarantees tho). :)

Are the airports in the cone area moving out their major airlines as well? I haven't heard anything about it....

just that Airtran is helping fly people out of LA (good on them!!).

it's strange but you really can't make out the eye....I find that odd for a cat3/cat 4...whose got those wonderful close up satellite photos that are normally posted (and automatically updated)???

Also, has anyone seen the map that shows all of the oil platforms (shallow & deep) - Amazing how many are right in the path.

So what's the status of the FBO's or airports in the hurricane area? does anyone need a place to put their plane(s)?

not that i have anywhere you can put them....but if we need to pull some punch and get discount landing fees or what not for anyone that wants to bring them out here in AZ, i'm sure we can work on that with our phx connections (no guarantees tho). :)

Are the airports in the cone area moving out their major airlines as well? I haven't heard anything about it....

just that Airtran is helping fly people out of LA (good on them!!).

it's strange but you really can't make out the eye....I find that odd for a cat3/cat 4...whose got those wonderful close up satellite photos that are normally posted (and automatically updated)???

Also, has anyone seen the map that shows all of the oil platforms (shallow & deep) - Amazing how many are right in the path.

uhm, link to this really interesting map you speak of?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...we can't, we won't get fooled again.

They learned their lesson from the last go round three years ago.

This time, they're telling people, get out, and if you don't, you're on your own.

I agree it's good they are preparing a bit more this time around, but Ray Nagin is still an idiot. Some of the sound bites he's been generating about this are just hilarious.

If by chance anyone here needs a place to hangar, PM me. My family might be able to help you out.

I know it's kind of late and I don't even know if there's anyone on here who is in MSY and has their own plane but the offer is there if anyone needs it.

The FBO hangars at KNEW (New Orleans Lakefront) still haven't been repaired since Katrina. They're more or less big, leaky, open air carports.

I and a few others got sent there on Saturday night to help get people out and to help close the station and we were told by local S.jets people that they did have a bunch of planes that were contracted out by FEMA to take people to ATL and DFW. However ATL and DFW city officials said that they could not take them because they had conventions in town and had no where to put the evacuees. So FEMA put them on government aircraft to Ft. Smith, Arkansas. MSY on Sunday operated a full sked up to 3:30 with 2 or 3 xtra sections to ATL, all 88's, all full. ATL gave the ok to take delays on them in an effort to make sure all ATL bound aircraft got filled up.

Is this the one you're talking about?
activeplatformsoe5.jpg

my.php

Back