Hpn-sfo sr22

You need to take a few minutes and read some of the harrowing accounts of the early airmail pilots like Wiley Post and Charles Lindbergh who crossed through so many of the treacherous canyons you will encounter with only the most primitive of instruments. You might think about going down through Texas and making the big hop at Guadalupe pass just outside of El-Paso, this route was a favorite passing among the early airmail pilots. Then again your flying a SR22 not a piper cub or Ford Tri-motor so like others have said you will prob be just fine going straight across around Colorado, I guess I'm just nostalgic. Safe flying and post some pic's when you get back!

I ferried a 152 from MYF (near SAN) to W75 (near RIC) about 3 years ago. I went MYF-P06-ELP and then pretty much a beeline home. Worked out well, I got my filling of mountainous scenery, and I never had to bite my nails.

Unfortunately i'm starting to come down with what feels like the flu, and if this continues to develope, there is no way I am going to do the trip...

If it still happens, I will do the southern (ABQ) route...It's a non FIKI cirrus, and the largest mountain i've ever flown around is Mount Washington, New Hampshire...Doesn't sound like this is the time of year to teach myself/learn by trial mountain flying.

Thanks for all the reply's guys....

Unfortunately i'm starting to come down with what feels like the flu, and if this continues to develope, there is no way I am going to do the trip...

If it still happens, I will do the southern (ABQ) route...It's a non FIKI cirrus, and the largest mountain i've ever flown around is Mount Washington, New Hampshire...Doesn't sound like this is the time of year to teach myself/learn by trial mountain flying.

Thanks for all the reply's guys....
Weenie.

I ferried a 152 from MYF (near SAN) to W75 (near RIC) about 3 years ago. I went MYF-P06-ELP and then pretty much a beeline home. Worked out well, I got my filling of mountainous scenery, and I never had to bite my nails.
Ok so I looked up the others, but P06 is what? Where? Thanks!

Back