How's this for a home simulator on your PC

Re: How\'s this for a home simulator on your PC

Ha ha, man that's bloody excellent! Although your probably looking at $1200 worth of monitors there! I still like Michael Sheil's 744 Simulator the best though, uses real 747 controls, seats etc etc, once he gets all the working panels installed I think it will be hard to tell it apart from the real thing!

Michael Sheil's 747-400 Simulator

I'm actually hoping to go see it before I leave, Sydney is only 3hrs drive from here.

For the money he spent on that thing, he could have gone and gotten his ticket. I'll never understand why some people prefer to play computer games instead of doing the real thing, not just in flying, but in other things.

LOL, now that's a simmer. I just have the joystick, HAHA. You determine how really it... really is.
grin.gif

well some people are really hardcore. I don't even have a joystick!

[ QUOTE ]
I'll never understand why some people prefer to play computer games instead of doing the real thing, not just in flying, but in other things.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like Grand Theft Auto 3?
Yes that would be nice; shooting at cops with AK's and picking fights with hookers.
grin.gif

I don't even have a joystick for my simulator, never mind 12 monitors! Nothing compares to the real thing....

"I'll never understand why some people prefer to play computer games instead of doing the real thing, not just in flying, but in other things.

--------------------
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?"

You mean like Star Trek fans?
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
For the money he spent on that thing, he could have gone and gotten his ticket. I'll never understand why some people prefer to play computer games instead of doing the real thing, not just in flying, but in other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a few extreme exceptions, computer sim flying is much cheaper, safer, and you can "fly" much more exciting equipment despite having zero hours. I prefer the real thing myself, but admit that the occasional romp thru FS2002 pretending to fly a Lear 45 on my brother's PC is a nice break from the C172.

It's a good thing that he has the seat belt, because with all the radiation coming from the monitors he might just pass out!

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?"

You mean like Star Trek fans?
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You wanna know something funny? I never really got into Star Trek.

But someone sent that line to me and I really liked it.

I also really like the Seinfeld episode where they all screamed "KAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHN!" when they were pissed off!

I have never been into computer games or Play station or anything like that. I bought MS Flight Simulator 2000 to finally try it out. I was very disappointed and gave away the software. That money would have paid for a good study guide for my training. I will never spend money on that stuff again!

Mahesh

Well FS2000 was pretty poor compared to FS2002 and even 98, atleast imo
wink.gif

It's fun. The default planes in FS2002 suck, including their panels. You can buy add-ons which are from abut 10 bucks to 50 bucks, which are extremely real. But it doesn't compare to flying in real world, but it's fun just to play around with.

Yeah, I find FS pretty boring personally.. I had fun in FS98 back in the day though.

[ QUOTE ]

With a few extreme exceptions, computer sim flying is much cheaper, safer, and you can "fly" much more exciting equipment despite having zero hours. I prefer the real thing myself, but admit that the occasional romp thru FS2002 pretending to fly a Lear 45 on my brother's PC is a nice break from the C172.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's the only way I'm gonna get to fly an F-16...or for that matter, a 747 or 777, at least anytime in the forseeable future.

[ QUOTE ]
And it's the only way I'm gonna get to fly an F-16...or for that matter, a 747 or 777, at least anytime in the forseeable future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its great for keeping you motivated. Plus, how else are you ever going to attempt to land a 172 at Soldier's Field or buzz the White House? It's just a fun time and I am looking forward to the new one.
grin.gif

Back