How to you explain to people that you work at an ARTCC?

That's a difficult direction to go. Once you're enroute you're pretty much stuck there. As far as ZSE goes, I toured the facility and it looks like a really cool place to work.

Everyone keeps saying once you go enroute you're stuck there but I know of and have seen on here a number of people who were enroute and later went terminal and vise versa... One can hope right? I don't care if I have to bid to a lower level facility right before retirement, I just want to get a CTO someday...

Everyone keeps saying once you go enroute you're stuck there but I know of and have seen on here a number of people who were enroute and later went terminal and vise versa... One can hope right? I don't care if I have to bid to a lower level facility right before retirement, I just want to get a CTO someday...
Oh it's not impossible. It's been done quite a few times. It's just harder.

Oh it's not impossible. It's been done quite a few times. It's just harder.

Thanks, that makes more sense. Plus makes me feel better, haha. Any idea on what makes it easier? Bidding to a busier or slower facility? Or even staying at a center for a good number of years (say 10 or more) then bidding? I'm a flight instructor and I have a feeling there will be some days when I miss seeing airplanes.

Back