How to make it through the winter months...

Brush snow off of airplane. Remove cover. Shovel tiedown spot. Start up. Taxi to company hangar. Get stuck in snow berm. Shut down, get out, shovel snow berm, start up, finish taxi. Push airplane into hangar, melt off the remaining snow and accumulated ice. Preflight. Pull out of hangar. Get fuel. Start up. Fly. Go back to tiedown spot, put cover back on. 3 hours of work for .8 of flying.
All our training planes are in heated hangars which is nice.

Brush snow off of airplane. Remove cover. Shovel tiedown spot...

I'm ordering covers for this season. I think I want solid poly covers for the wing and horizontal stab and windscreen cover. My understanding the mesh is nice if it's always sub-freezing, but solid poly is better for thaw/freeze cycles which is more our climate.

Anybody have recommendations on cover manufacturers?

I'm ordering covers for this season. I think I want solid poly covers for the wing and horizontal stab and windscreen cover. My understanding the mesh is nice if it's always sub-freezing, but solid poly is better for thaw/freeze cycles which is more our climate.

Anybody have recommendations on cover manufacturers?
We went with Bruce's custom covers...no complaints other than that the first time we ordered they made our cover using the measurements that someone about 3 owners ago had given them for our tail number, which were wrong, so the cover didn't fit. They then sent us a second cover using our measurements free of charge, which fits well. Ours is the fuselage and first couple inches of the wing model, I don't remember if Bruce's does whole airplane stuff or not.

Bruce does do whole airplane covers. Expensive though but nice. Their customer service seems a bit behind their product but they catch up later :) Couple years ago I ordered canopy cover from their booth at an air show they put down cc # and for couple three months I didn't hear from them. When I commented on a popular website and in couple days I received confirmation of my order like nothing happened. Cool guys catch fast :D

Back