How to go

SpudBomb

I am a 17 year old finishing up my private pilot, intending on going for a commercial airline or corp. pilot as an eventual job. I would like to get a 4 year degree, god for bid, something happen to me. If you have any suggestions how to get tehre, let me know. As of now, I've looked at Arizona State, which seems to have a good ramp onto Mesa Airlines, and I'm going to Embry Riddle, Daytona in April...Help me out!

Nick,

Are you going to Riddle for flight training or a degree? I presume you're training for your private at an FBO right now, so why not continue on with your more advanced training there. If you were to do that you could work on a degree through a local college at the same time. This would also put you ahead of the game finacially, which in this business is a BIG thing!

Just food for thought...

Forgive me if I misunderstood you, but are you just visiting Riddle, or actually attending in April?

You could do what I did. Get your CFI and go to school while instructing on the side. I still think that instructing is the most reliable way to build time and experience that airlines want.

A degree is a must. I normally recommend that people get degrees in nonaviation fields, since the airlines don't care what your degree is in.

Sorry, I've been gone for about a week, But...I'm just visiting...I need a 4 year degree, and wanted to knwo if there is another school I should check out...That is basically it

Back