How to fill in SF-85P correctly...

For the 7 year work history section, what should you do if you can't remember the exact month/year timelines for jobs? I am using old W-2s to figure out where I was working when I was 17.

On top of that, how are you suppose to remember old supervisor names? Is it acceptable to put "unavailable"?

Ok...so let me get something straight...

Do you get a chance to explain your misdemeanor to someone in person? Or just on paper?

I have a simple assault conviction...defending myself..given unsupervised probation for 6 months and never in trouble before or after...judge stated that I did what any adult would have done in the situation..but..I was guilty according to the law. I am just concerned and not as far along in the process as some of you.

Get ready to explain it to 3 different people, They pulled me aside after I entered my info into the computer. I had printed all my court records ahead of time, on the app for federal employment they wanted 10 years so I had to explain everything going back that far, even traffic that wasnt mentioned on either app. Then when I met the first doc that just checked breathing and spine etc. she wanted to know about it, then the flight surgeon had some questions for me. Sooooo get ready to relive your past. Please no "if you cant do the crime comments"

Get ready to explain it to 3 different people, They pulled me aside after I entered my info into the computer. I had printed all my court records ahead of time, on the app for federal employment they wanted 10 years so I had to explain everything going back that far, even traffic that wasnt mentioned on either app. Then when I met the first doc that just checked breathing and spine etc. she wanted to know about it, then the flight surgeon had some questions for me. Sooooo get ready to relive your past. Please no "if you cant do the crime comments"

I have no problem reliving it. I am ok with what happend because I did the right thing. My issue is....even though its a misdemeanor that someone is going to say something like, "We have 100 applicants without any legal issues, screw this guy". And to be honest, I would understand that considering the importance of this job. I am just hoping they look at the situation and the penalty I recieved which was practically nothing. Just, obey the law and stay in school.:rawk:

Anyways, Tell me about this computer thing...Do you fill out your application or any legal info on a computer while you are at the PEPC? I had a traffic ticket in 2005...i guess they need to know about that.

Oh well, at least I have my teaching degree to fall back on.....

I have no problem reliving it. I am ok with what happend because I did the right thing. My issue is....even though its a misdemeanor that someone is going to say something like, "We have 100 applicants without any legal issues, screw this guy". And to be honest, I would understand that considering the importance of this job. I am just hoping they look at the situation and the penalty I recieved which was practically nothing. Just, obey the law and stay in school.:rawk:

Anyways, Tell me about this computer thing...Do you fill out your application or any legal info on a computer while you are at the PEPC? I had a traffic ticket in 2005...i guess they need to know about that.

You will fill out the SF-85P or SF-86(en route only) on line while at PEPC. It is imperative that you have a hard copy filled out with any additional paper work before you get there. If you are filling out the SF-86 you do need to list your 2005 traffic citation if it is greater than $150.

For the 7 year work history section, what should you do if you can't remember the exact month/year timelines for jobs? I am using old W-2s to figure out where I was working when I was 17.

On top of that, how are you suppose to remember old supervisor names? Is it acceptable to put "unavailable"?

Call your previous emplyer to verify emplyment dates. I am sure it is fine if you put "unavailable" for supervisors name. I had a situation where my previous employer is no longer in business, therefore everything about them was unavailable.

SF85 also requires that you reveal this traffic ticket (if $150+)

Keep your head up. I have a similar problem in my record, and I'm still waiting for the FOL. Once you get to the PEPC process, they will take the time to make an individual determination, not just cast you out.
However all this waiting and uncertainty can be unnerving. Sometimes I almost think I should stay at my current job... :banghead: There's so much negativity about the future of this career, whether from these forums, or from talking to actual controllers.

SF85 also requires that you reveal this traffic ticket (if $150+)

Keep your head up. I have a similar problem in my record, and I'm still waiting for the FOL. Once you get to the PEPC process, they will take the time to make an individual determination, not just cast you out.
However all this waiting and uncertainty can be unnerving. Sometimes I almost think I should stay at my current job... :banghead: There's so much negativity about the future of this career, whether from these forums, or from talking to actual controllers.

Thanks man...I'm just going to live my life as if this isn't going to happen...and be suprised when or if it does...worrying about this is not going to change anything.:)

Let me ask the dumb guy question here: What do we have to fill out? There's the SF-85, but also the SF-86 (or is it the 8500) not to mention all the other paperwork for references, etc. Can someone give me an overview?

Also, does anyone know if your driving record transfers from state to state? I have a $170 (non-reckless speeding) ticket from way back in 2002, when I lived in a different state. Can I see the case number if I get a driving record from my current state?

Let me ask the dumb guy question here: What do we have to fill out? There's the SF-85, but also the SF-86 (or is it the 8500) not to mention all the other paperwork for references, etc. Can someone give me an overview?

Also, does anyone know if your driving record transfers from state to state? I have a $170 (non-reckless speeding) ticket from way back in 2002, when I lived in a different state. Can I see the case number if I get a driving record from my current state?

SF-85P for terminal (including tracon)
SF-86 for en-route

They're almost the same thing, but sf86 is a bit more thorough, with questions like "have you seen a mental health professional...i.e. psychiatrist?"

Not sure about the driving record, but you will have to disclose that.

Question: I thought I read somewhere that ATCers must renew their security clearance every so often. Is this every 10 years? Same process?

Do not leave any gaps in work history or places that you have lived....every date needs to match the next place of work or area lived exactly....if you have a gap in work history you can note that on the form...just fill out a section saying that you were unemployed from this date to this date and a point of contact to verify that. Again...do not leave any gaps in those areas.

Do not leave any gaps in work history or places that you have lived....every date needs to match the next place of work or area lived exactly....if you have a gap in work history you can note that on the form...just fill out a section saying that you were unemployed from this date to this date and a point of contact to verify that. Again...do not leave any gaps in those areas.

The online entry at the PEPC will NOT let you move forward if you have any gaps in residence or work history... that was one of the benefits I found with the online form.

wow...that would have saved me some headaches...I did it the old school way with pen and paper...yuck!

Back