How Time is Logged?

BoeingDrew

How flight time is logged when there is an instructor and a student? Do they split the time between them, both get full time, instuctor all, or student all. Sorry for my ignorance
crazy.gif
, and I am not sure if this question has been been asked before, and if it has could you please provide a link to it. Thanks in advance.

Both student and instructor log the flight time. For example if you are a student pilot and you and your instructor go up for 1.2 in a Cessna 152, you would log 1.2 of single engine time (not pilot in command (PIC)) in your logbook, and your instructor (CFI) would also log 1.2 in his logbook, but he would log it as PIC.

There is probably a regulation about this or something...
smile.gif

Make any sense?

Surf

Once you have a rating though, don't you log PIC and the instructor log PIC as long as you are appropriately rated? Or am I misunderstanding that?

G

[ QUOTE ]
Once you have a rating though, don't you log PIC and the instructor log PIC as long as you are appropriately rated? Or am I misunderstanding that?

[/ QUOTE ]No misunderstanding at all. You have it right.

The pilot taking instruction logs PIC as the rated sole manipulator of the controls.

The CFI logs PIC because CFI get to log PIC for the time that they give instruction.

Back