How sweet of USAirways

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
US Airways Accommodates Midway Airlines Passengers
Thursday October 30, 12:18 pm ET

ARLINGTON, Va., Oct. 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Following Midway Airlines' election to convert its bankruptcy case to Chapter Seven liquidation, US Airways has begun accommodating passengers ticketed for travel on Midway.
Service on most routes previously operated by Midway is cancelled through Nov. 2, 2003. Customers booked on these flights will be reaccommodated on alternate US Airways or US Airways Express flights, or on other airlines as necessary. Those customers whose new itineraries do not meet their travel needs will receive a full refund.

Beginning Nov. 3, 2003, US Airways will begin adding flights on existing Midway routes with aircraft operated by other US Airways Express carriers.

"We will do everything possible to help make other travel arrangements for customers affected by Midway's cessation of service," said S. Michael Scheeringa, US Airways vice president-Express division. "Other US Airways Express carriers are operating some of Midway's flights, to ensure that customers' plans are not disrupted. As part of this effort to maintain as many routes as possible, some Express routes temporarily will have one less frequency a day as we develop and implement our new Express schedule."

US Airways Reservations sales representatives have begun contacting passengers whose travel plans have been affected. Passengers ticketed to fly on Midway through Nov. 2, 2003, should contact US Airways Reservations at 800-428-4322.

Wait a sec... Midway was a USAirways Express carrier? Oh, they're SUPPOSED to do that!

How nice of them
tongue.gif
. Like you said, shouldn't they be doing that in the first place. Do they really think they can get any positive PR from actually doing what they should be doing in the first place? They are so nice, I want to go buy a ticket on US Airways right now.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

I thought it was funny too. Purchase a ticket on USAirways from ABC to XYZ, they put you on Midway, but then Midway liquidates their assets, but those wonderful nice guys are going to honor your ticket.

Man, bonuses all around!

Warm 'n Fuzzy!

I heard it best a few hours ago, our industry doesn't suck, it's just the people who are running it.

Back