How much flying stuff do YOU have?

EatSleepFly

So I'm packing up everything I own and moving into a new apartment this weekend. I decided to sit down tonight and sort out all of my flying stuff- I realized that I have a lot of it.
laugh.gif

Here is a pic of some/most of it (I'm sure theres more laying around here and there):

f9cf1047.jpg

And this was AFTER I threw out lots of expired charts and other junk (the plastic bag on the far right is full of expired charts).

What do you think of your Cencal flight bag? I was thinkin about purchasing one of them. Also what model is yours or do you recommend?

thanks

Which one? I have three...
tongue.gif

I love them. I use all three at various times, depending on what I need for the flight. The big one is indestructable (ballistic nylon)...its got plenty of room for long trips but probably overkill for short flights or students. The small one I use mostly for instructing- I hate lugging around big bags. The medium sized one is what I used as a student. Sorry, I don't remember the name of each of them, but you might check out their website.

Well, there is this new GPS Pilot III that I got from some dude off the web.

Sweet little toy!

THAT'S what I need!!! A bookshelf!!! I have all my books piled up on my desk, takes up way too much space :/

[ QUOTE ]
What is that thing on the left side, in the box, looks like a lamp shade or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

A real funny looking hood probably..Hey ESF, thats quite a collection of AOPA mini-plotters...I probably have aboout the same collection but I have it spread between my desk at work, my desk at home and a storage unit 1200 miles away from Long Island...thats where I keep the stuff I really need...

I don't have much flying stuff...but if you combine it with everythign that John has I bet he has enough to start his own flight school.
I think that the "lamp shade thingy" is a hood for use when teaching instrument students so that they cant see out teh window

To say how much stuff I have requires a brief story. When I took my present job two years ago, I rented a two-bedroom house. When I moved in, my idea was that I'd make the second bedroom a combination office/guest room. Have all my flying stuff, PC, etc. in there, then put in a futon or day bed for house guests. Well, by the time I got all my flying stuff in to my "office", there was no room for a guest room!

So, the answer is I have one room full.

FL270

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of your Cencal flight bag? I was thinkin about purchasing one of them. Also what model is yours or do you recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cencal bags are overpriced for what you get and the design isn't very impressive (not to mention Cencal is in serious trouble with the IRS for not paying taxes over the last several years--something to think about if you care about warranty coverage).

A bunch of JC people have bought Sky High Gear bags (including me), this has been talked about a fair amount previously, do a search, or check them out here. You can order direct from Sky High or save a little bit on them through Marv Golden's.

[ QUOTE ]
2 mini mags? Those things are invincible... that's why you only need one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until you drop one in the airplane and it manages to roll somewhere out of reach. Always have a backup flashlight or two when flying at night. I carry a total of 4 flashlights of varying sizes at night: <ul type="square"> [*]a 2-D cell Mag Lite in my bag for preflight [*]a AAA Mini-Mag Solitaire on a lanyard around my neck for looking at charts and whatnot [*]a blue-green Photon Micro-light III set on low, velcroed to the side of my headset [*]and a AA Mini-Mag on my belt for back-up [/list]

[ QUOTE ]
and a storage unit 1200 miles away from Long Island...thats where I keep the stuff I really need...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...thats a good place for it.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Until you drop one in the airplane and it manages to roll somewhere out of reach.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!

I need to get a new D-cell maglite though. One of the batteries must have burst in my old one, I couldn't get it unscrewed to replace them so I had to chuck it.

[ QUOTE ]
<ul type="square"> [*]a 2-D cell Mag Lite in my bag for preflight [*]a AAA Mini-Mag Solitaire on a lanyard around my neck for looking at charts and whatnot [*]a blue-green Photon Micro-light III set on low, velcroed to the side of my headset [*]and a AA Mini-Mag on my belt for back-up [/list]

[/ QUOTE ]Any room left on your utility belt there, Batman???

j/k

FL270

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<ul type="square"> [*]a 2-D cell Mag Lite in my bag for preflight [*]a AAA Mini-Mag Solitaire on a lanyard around my neck for looking at charts and whatnot [*]a blue-green Photon Micro-light III set on low, velcroed to the side of my headset [*]and a AA Mini-Mag on my belt for back-up [/list]

[/ QUOTE ]Any room left on your utility belt there, Batman???

j/k

FL270

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was thinking.

One 2-D cell Mag Lite for me

Back