How many flight hours do instructors average per month?

daddysquared

I reckon the place to get info on DCA is to ask those at DCA. So, how many hours are the instructors getting per month?

How long are instructors there, on average, before moving on to a regional?

I am trying to narrow my search to either PanAm in AZ or DCA in Sanford.

Thanks.

I am not an instructor at DCA yet, but I am waiting for standz class and here's what i hear. Most guys are getting anywhere from 40 to over 100 per month. It depends a lot on what group you are in. Right now the instrument instructors have one or two students, so they aren't getting many hours. The CFI guys however, have five or so students and are getting tons of hours.

It seems that most instructors are getting their interview after about 18 months. Some more, some less.

This is the info as I knew it as of about a month ago, perhaps a current instructor can fill in the details.

[ QUOTE ]
Most guys are getting anywhere from 40 to over 100 per month. It depends a lot on what group you are in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! if you could sustain 100 hrs per month you could be outa' there in eight months.

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that most instructors are getting their interview after about 18 months. Some more, some less.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, they are averaging about 44 hrs per month.

Thank you Wannabe2. Are there any Comair instructors that can confirm or deny this? 100 hrs per month would be nice. 40 would not be so nice. Are there just a ton of brand new students out there?

Re: How many flight hours do instructors average per month? *DELETED*

Post deleted by PWMURPHY

Yes, Patrick, that does help. So, on the main campus, instructors average somewhere around 50 hours per month, less in the beginning, more at the end. When do the instructors go through the jet transition course?

How many students does DCA have enrolled at any one time? Is there any waiting list get on as an instructor once you successfully complete the course?

I wonder why he deleted his own post.

Yea, that is kinda odd isn't it?!

Back