How long to dispatch an aircraft

Flyn-Slow-N-Low

So from beginng to end how long does it take with all the computers and stuff that an airline uses does it take to plan and dispatch an aircraft? Also on a typical day at a regional or major doesn't really matter just a ball park number of how many flights would a dispatcher actually plan and sign off on? thanks!!

There isn't a one size fits all answer to your question...it varies widely with the length of flight, type of aircraft, and where you are flying. A flight from JFK to Mumbai takes a lot more time to plan than a flight from Atlanta to Memphis. And thus, the number of releases one dispatcher creates in his shift can vary widely as well, from less than 5 to 50 plus, depending upon the carrier and the way the office is set up.

Domestic Severe VFR conditions with no NOTAMS and no weight issues. (Perfect Conditons) about 4 minutes for preflight planning. Obviously flight following lasts the entire duration thereafter.

Add reality into that mix, planning for an alternate, thunderstorms, tactical routing and maximizing payload / gas takes a bit longer. I think the most time I've ever spent generating the paperwork for a domestic flight is about :30.

On a good VFR day, normal domestic flights can take 2-5min. International can take 5-10, just depends on the routes and workload.

I went to AGS prior to the new ownership, it was a decent program.

Back