How long is training???

I'm currently a phase 3 developmental at ZOB. My class in OKC started Nov. 25, 2008 and I ended April 2, 2009. A little longer stay due to the holidays. I'm also an off the street hire so I attended the extra 5 weeks of 'basics'.

The training program at ZOB is currently averaging 22 months from starting in OKC to becoming a CPC. As with many other centers I may be facing a delay in my training due to ERAM. I also had to wait a couple months to start my d-side class due to the large volume of developmentals ahead of me. I came in with a large group and my group was the 3rd large group within a 3 month period to arrive at the center. Since my arrival in April, we have seen 4 more trainees come from OKC. Another big group is set to come before the end of the fiscal year. Those 4 trainees behind my class got their d-side class date rather quickly in comparison to our large class.

ZOB does have 8 areas and an abundance of OJTIs which help the process. In my area, we currently have about 8-10 trainees as various stages of training. There's also a high success rate at ZOB. If you have any other questions about the facility, feel free to PM me.

Thanx for the info. it helps to hear from someone at the center you're interested in.... and i sent you a PM

Back