How long does it take to get your ratings at DCA?

dpewing

I've seen the estimated time/costs for each of the ratings. Based on your own experience, how long did it take you to get your Mult-Engine, CFI, CFII? I'm interested in the number of hours ground/flight, and the number of days/weeks. Are there times you couldn't get an aircraft/instructor scheduled for a flight lesson, and it slowed your progress down?

I started with zero time and will be finished with CFII in a couple of weeks putting me at 1 year total time. I also could have gotten through faster but I have a wife and kid and like to spend my days off at home.
wink.gif

It also took me 12 months to get all my ratings. I did have problems with aircraft availability at the time as the school was getting rid of the C-172 RG and repalcing the fleet with PA-28Rs.

There are lots of variables that might contribute to you getting your ratings faster or slower. But motivation counts big time. We often have students that are too lazy to comit and invent every excuse possible to cancel flights that they should have been prepared for. Those are the same ones that complain about how slow they are progressing ( go figure!) and end up in forums like this one with an axe to grind...
wink.gif

Back