How long do you have to join natca?

When you first start there is a window to join without paying some fees, it might be 90 days, I'm not positive. After that window you can still join at any time. Generally you are required to pay the fee to sign up, but once a year they do an open enrollment type thing where the fees are waived.

Within 90 days of arriving at your facility, you can join without an initiation fee, is the way I understand it. After that, you either have to pay extra or wait for open enrollment.

as far as i heard it's not worth joining NATCA, cuz when you become a soop u will loose seniority. If you get a deal as a controller, NATCA will still fight for you even though ur not a member.

as far as i heard it's not worth joining NATCA, cuz when you become a soop u will loose seniority. If you get a deal as a controller, NATCA will still fight for you even though ur not a member.

:banghead:

So enjoy the benefits without providing any help to cover the expenses?

Nice.

Wow... Nevermind that longtime NATCA members turned down a payraise offered by the FAA so that they could hopefully go back to the bargaining table and eliminate the B payscale that YOU will be hired on with Maksvell. Here's the bottom line, NATCA is fighting hard to make a better work environment for all controllers, especially new hires, to not join and pay your dues is incredibly selfish. Good luck with your career in FAA management maksvell, I think you will be a perfect fit.

:banghead:

So enjoy the benefits without providing any help to cover the expenses?

Nice.

Wow... Nevermind that longtime NATCA members turned down a payraise offered by the FAA so that they could hopefully go back to the bargaining table and eliminate the B payscale that YOU will be hired on with Maksvell. Here's the bottom line, NATCA is fighting hard to make a better work environment for all controllers, especially new hires, to not join and pay your dues is incredibly selfish. Good luck with your career in FAA management maksvell, I think you will be a perfect fit.

:yeahthat:

If anything were to happen to you on the job, NATCA is the only group that will fight for you.

Join the union.

Plus they just negotiated the B scale out and kept the contract length short (3 years) so they can negotiate another contract while Obama is in office. Good move. As someone hired under the B scale, I'll pay my dues for that alone.

Well with your vast experience we should all listen to your advice, thanks and good luck on the PV. :whatever: Also it's "Supe" not "soop" and you could "lose" not "loose" your seniority.

Unless you think you will have no problems what so ever, join NATCA. If at any point you start to struggle in training, NATCA will be there to fight for your job, otherwise your on your own.

Unless you think you will have no problems what so ever, join NATCA. If at any point you start to struggle in training, NATCA will be there to fight for your job, otherwise your on your own.

Don't be pressured to join, not every one does and yes every one benefits from any thing NATCA does. And also if your still in "Temp" status, NATCA can't do any thing for you if you happen to fail training or do some thing stupid. The FAA has you on a conditional employment basis and you know that coming in the door. Your NATCA rep might be able to stomp his feet and ask for you to be transferred, but its still up to your facility and or training manager whether you stay. Bottom line is until you finish your temp period NATCA is completely useless to you. I highly suggest researching the union before you join. It might not be worth it to you at the time and might be some thing you look into later.

Back