[ QUOTE ]
Here's how my FBO breaks it down:

(all prices wet)
C-150 $45/hr
PA38-115 Tomahawk $45/hr.
C-172 - $70/hr.
PA28-161 Warrior $70/hr.
PA...umm...ARROW $90/hr.
And the BRAND SPANKIN' NEW 172SP with Bendix/King 550 moving map and KLN 94 GPS $90/hr

Instructors - $26/hr (dry)

We also have a Beech Travel Air that is only used for training at $175/hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are really good prices for FL. I'd post what I'm paying, but I'm afraid it'd pi$$ everybody off.....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Those are really good prices for FL. I'd post what I'm paying, but I'm afraid it'd pi$$ everybody off.....

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding!
wink.gif

I think the only one that has us beat as far as rates are concerned is braidkid... Nice Cessna employee benie!!

Be careful! I left my second CFI in an extremely rude manner. The planes he was giving me instruction in were constantly down for maintenance, and no one would call me in advance to tell me not to go to the airport. I'd make a 30 minute drive to the field only to wait around another half hour for my CFI to show up before I started to ask around and find out on my own that the plane was down for MX.

When this sequence of events happened for the 4th time within a period of 3 or 4 months, I acted on impulse (very frustrated right about then), drove to another flight school at the airport, walked in, and signed up with them. I never even bothered to call my old CFI and tell him I was quitting him.

Eventually, about a month or so later he emailed me and ask me to return a book that he had lent to me and I had forgotten about. I sent him back an apologetic email, then drove out to the airport the same day to drop off his book.

I feel really bad about it, because he wasn't responsible for the planes breaking. On the other hand someone should've called me ahead of time so I wouldn't have kept getting stood up at the airport.

The CFI at my current flight school actually made sure to check up and talk to my old one to make sure I wasn't some kind of psycho who got into fights with instructors before he started giving me lessons. All in all, I wish I could've handled this differently because now I'm sure there are a few people out there who have a less than favorable opinion about me.

Back