How do you deal with downtime?

Usually try to hide. Also read esquire, autoweek, car and driver, and maxim. Usually try to come up with weird contraptions out of junk laying around. Sometimes play frisbee on the ramp. Sometimes make up weird games on the spot. We used to take the old water cooler containers (those 10 gallon type?) and use them as a baseball bat to hit the old spoiled fruit from catering across the ramp. YES, THE RAMP WAS EMPTY! One time we found a stash of those little balsa wood airplane gliders so we had a contest going for the most rediculouis planes we could make out of the kits but it also had to fly good. Also used to bring my RC helicopter in on midnight shifts and fly it in the empty hangers or outside if it was calm enough.

Oh and our newest thing, we grill...

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Anyone ever prank call the CSR's with made-up fuel orders? Then start asking them all sorts of ridiculous questions and pretend to get mad and finally hang up, all the while calling them by different but remotely similar names? :buck:

Pranking the CSR's is fun but it is even better to call the pay phone thats located inside the terminal and mess with whomever answers.

Don't you have any FBOhottie worthy girls in the office to hang out with? That's what we always did on slow weekend days when I worked line....

Usually try to hide. Also read esquire, autoweek, car and driver, and maxim. Usually try to come up with weird contraptions out of junk laying around. Sometimes play frisbee on the ramp. Sometimes make up weird games on the spot. We used to take the old water cooler containers (those 10 gallon type?) and use them as a baseball bat to hit the old spoiled fruit from catering across the ramp. YES, THE RAMP WAS EMPTY! One time we found a stash of those little balsa wood airplane gliders so we had a contest going for the most rediculouis planes we could make out of the kits but it also had to fly good. Also used to bring my RC helicopter in on midnight shifts and fly it in the empty hangers or outside if it was calm enough.

Oh and our newest thing, we grill...

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Man, I hate Esquire and the main weekday person ALWAYS throws away the Maxims.

But mainly, that grill is awsome.

That is one impressive grill!

We setup a course around the ramp and race the tug, lektro, and golf cart.

They don't allow us to have fun in our down time. We have had people suspended for watching t.v. we cannot throw a football or anything else on the very empty ramp. Our shuttle bus had a dvd player in it, but they took that out. The internet is off limits to us now. We have management types around seven days a week. We also have a list of things to do every night now and if we don't get it done, we get in deep doo doo. :panic: Man I can't wait for that recall.

if you have the ambition and the management is working(and watching),i always did FOD walkdown it passed the time and theres nothin like wandering the ramp looking like you just lost your keys or contacts:crazy:

hahaha, too bad she has been working there for years.

And another girl who works there leaves her 'Seventeen' mags everywhere (my bible of course).

So Im stuck with a Controller usually.

And you say they aren't hotties? Now they really should be fired....its an FBO office for godsake! :banghead:

They don't allow us to have fun in our down time. We have had people suspended for watching t.v. we cannot throw a football or anything else on the very empty ramp. Our shuttle bus had a dvd player in it, but they took that out. The internet is off limits to us now. We have management types around seven days a week. We also have a list of things to do every night now and if we don't get it done, we get in deep doo doo. :panic: Man I can't wait for that recall.
Hey, sounds like you work at the same place I do. :laff: It's awfully hard to find something to do in the 6+ hours between when I get there and when we have to perform closing duties when there's 1 plane scheduled into the airport all day. Even worse when they land and tell ground they're taxiing to the competing FBO. :banghead:

The way management sees it, there is always something to be cleaned. So when we're not dealing with airplanes, we are cleaning.

Haha, it was the exact same at our FBO. "If you got time to lean, you got time to clean!":crazy:

I flew a freight run in New Mexico, and durring the day the line guys and I drove around shooting rabits with a .22 rifle. The airport manager even supplied the ammo.

Back