How did you meet your significant other?

I met my wife over the internet. Best decision I ever made. We've been married alost two years in November. She's my best friend, critic, and supporter. I love her to death. And as a plus she likes jetcareers! I catch her sneeking JC sometimes.

I think I said something about this on an earlier post, so I'll give the short version. Met my girl at the bookstore where we both worked. She pursued me for about nine months or so when I finally freaked out and gave in (she started casually dating someone else, and I found I didn't like that at all , which sort of clued me in). I was a step higher on the management ladder, making all of this a big no-no. Corporate said one of us had to go- since she has a daughter I volunteered to get the axe.

I need a job, but I have absolutely no regrets.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a good story...we met in high school (that was 6 years ago). Dang I'm getting old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I graduated HS 10 years ago, and I start college (again) in two months. I'll probably feel like some old geezer in class....
smile.gif

She was a dancer at Bourbon Street Circus and Band-Aids in PHX.

Just hit it off from there.

I don't have one, so I'm right there with you. I'll post to this thread when I do meet one.

Which one?
grin.gif

No, Seriously, I met her when I was driving around one night, she had on a red short mini-skirt, a fish net top, and a feather boa around her neck, she asked me if I wanted a date, I said yes, it's been a weekly thing ever since.
grin.gif

No, really seriously, I'm currently in between (no pun intended) significant others.

Naunga!!

That is definetly the best proposal story I've heard in a long time, I was at that show too!!

What would you have done if he didnt play Crash that night though?? Anyway, thanks for sharing...hopefully I will have a chance to steal your idea someday!!

I had been dating someone pretty seriously recently, but sadly it's over. She just had WAY too much going on in her life at the moment to handle a boyfriend who was starting a career like mine. So I just am happy staying single at the moment! Gives me more time to enjoy the "scenery" on the lake shore when I'm up there biking or swimming.
grin.gif

Wow, John, Dave, and DE727 are all church goers. Maybe I should start attending.... is that where the aviation mojo is?

I wonder how DE727 handles the single life. Doesn't he get lonely? Who does he watch movies and go on vacation with? Who is there to call when you're sad / happy / have news to share / just want to talk? Who do you use as a sounding board? Just curious.

Yeah that's a reason to go to church ... to meet girls LOL.

Kinda reminds me of those redneck family reunions in FL.

I met my husband when we both flew for American Eagle/Simmons in ORD. This was 7 years ago now, scheduling had called me in the evening and told me I had R1, which is the first shift of airport reserve, from 0600 to 1400. (It's basically where you show up in uniform and sit around in the crew lounge bored off your a** and wait for someone else to not show up for their trip so you can go do something.) So I show up the next morning bright and early, and I go see the crew coordinator and he looks at me and says "What are you doing here?" I said "I'm your R1". He tells me that the computer shows me as being the R2 (the second shift of airport reserve that doesn't have to show up until 11). So I call scheduling and find out they had made a mistake and told me the wrong time I had to be at work! I said a few choice words to the scheduler, then slammed the phone down and said a really bad word really loud. I noticed this good-looking pilot sitting at a table with a cup of coffee in his hand and he's looking at me like, "What?!" So I sat down and told him my sob story. Even though the first time he saw me I was telling off a scheduler, he decided I really am a nice person, we've been married for a year and a half now, and are expecting our first baby any day!

had multiple college classes with current significant other.

Eagle, just out of curiosity, what river did you meet your wife on? And if you could tell me when whitewater paddling became a "TV sport", I'd love to know at what point in the last 8 years I became completely oblivious.

Zach <--just taught a two-day intro whitewater course in the Sierra foothills and is very self-satisfied

Met my wife at the wedding of a friend.

Saw her and her mother walk into the church and thought "who's she with?" (thought she was with somebody in the wedding party and didn't give it a second thought until...)

I get to the reception and she's not sitting or dancing with anyone except her mother. Turns out that her mother worked for the father of the bride.

Ironically, the father of the bride came over to me about half-way through the reception and said "do you see that young lady over there?"

ME: Way ahead of you.

Him: Well, She's off limits....(laughing, then)...I originally invited her here to meet Dan (his son), but Dan's ex-girlfriend is here and he's an idiot (I kid you not, those were his words).... so, would you do me a favor and go ask her to dance?

Me: Not a problem.

I walked over, asked her to dance and the rest is history. We were married two years almost to the day from the day we met.

Met my girlfirend of 2 years, tomorrow actually, at her 24th birthday party. I worked with her best friend at the time and ended up tagging a long that night. We talked a bit at the party but not a whole lot although she did stab me with a fork. I asked her out a few days later and we went out, she may not admitt it but I don't think she entirely knew which guy I was until I picked her up. Went to a bluegrass bar in Nashville, TN to see the Dan Tyminski Band who you might know as the "Soggy Bottom Boys" from the movie O Brother Where Art Thou. Anyway, all down hill from there. She has always been my biggest cheerleader when it comes to flying and even comes along with a smile on her face every once in a while even though I know she doesn't feel so hot all the time! We've been doing the long distance thing for a few months until I finish up down here in FL. Long distance is not always fun, but we appreciate each other more now than ever.

Knew my wife in high school, but never dated. She went to an all girls school, I went to an all male school. Anyway, I dated a couple of girls from her school in high school and we always kept in touch throughout college. Long story short, New Years eve 1999 into 2000 we hit it off and were married in July/02. 14 years from when we first met.

I was a fill in when things didn't work out with the guy she was going to go to (high school) homecoming dance. My best friend's sister calls me up one day and begged me to do it as a favor. Long story short, we hit it off and married 2 years later. Now we are coming up on our 2 year anniversary.

Back