How did you meet your significant other?

cointyro

I'm interested to hear how you all met your current significant other. Interesting topic
smile.gif

Now if she gets on here and reads this, she might tell it differently. Here's how I see things.

I am dating the wonderful woman in the picture under my signature. She goes by skibum515 here if you ever see her. When I went to college I joined the marching band and ended up hanging out with one of the cymbal players for a good part of the end of my second semester at school. She is a theatre major and with this obviously is involved in a show each semester. She happened to have a bunch of friends from high school come and hang out and see her show that semester. One of those people happened to be skibum515. When we went over to the hotel that they were staying at, me and skibum515 ended up talking and throwing a little yellow ball at each other. I'm not sure what it was about that stupid ball, but it was pretty entertaining for us. We talked for a few hours, and she took me back to my dorm. We exchanged AIM screen names and talked during the summer. Eventually she invited me to go to Cedar Point with her and some friends. Don't let her fool you, she's the one that put the moves on me, but I was not going to complain.

During the summer I told her she needed to come and see my band play up in Bay City (she lives in Ann Arbor, maybe 80-90 miles away). I had just finished my instrument rating and thought "What better way to use my instrument rating than to pickup a chic to take her to see my band! Bonus!" I flew an Arrow down to pick her up, flew back on up and we ended up staying up pretty late that night talking and whatnot.

That was a year ago this August, and I tell ya what it's been the best 10 months of my life.

Maybe she'll get on eventually (she's on her way to Nebraska right now...she might just be about there....she drove there from Michigan) and tell her side of the story.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Good story John.

I met mine at a SAMA Conference (Student Aviation Management Association) that was held this April at UND. She is also a member on jetcareers here, but I'll let her chime in.

She sat behind me for two speakers at the conference. She had to be there for a class, I was there because I had nothing else to do. The story: A friend of mine came by and sat right behind me to talk for a quick moment. Perfect, this gave a chance to look in her direction without making it obvious I was checking her out. Found out later it was pretty obvious. After the conference ended I walked out behind her to the parking lot. Here was my chance to say something, but of course I chickened out. The words just wouldn't come out and I thought I had blown it. Turns out I didn't.

Anyone else believe that "some things are meant to be." Well, I get home from a workout and my roommate says lets go to a concert at the bar. We went and it couldn't have been better. The first person I see we walk into the bar is her, and she is giving me the eye. We flirted from a distance for an hour or so, I didn't want to go near her because she was with a guy. I drank some courage water and was about to go ask her to dance, but she ended coming over to me first. Turns out the guy was just a friend which was great news for me. We danced for the rest of the night and have been together ever since.

Great thing about this girl, she has a great personality and we can talk about flying. She has her private pilot certificate and we're both in the same commercial instrument course. Its been a great couple months and I am looking forward the the future. She doesn't post to much, so she needs some encouragement to post her side of the story!

If anyone here is like me and has never had a significant other, could you please speak up as well just so that I can have some peace of mind knowing that I'm not alone? Thanks...
confused.gif

^^ Dude I am right there with you; if we are together longer then 2 weeks it is getting pretty damn serious!

FYI I would not introduce any girl to the JC posse - heck that is like throwing meat into a pit of hungry lions!

I met my wife at the Beverly Center in Brentano's bookstore. It was the classic; saw her, she looked really good, got her number, went out. Didn't think it was anything serious, but look at us 5 years later. Married and about to celebrate our first anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone is looking for a significant other, I'm looking for someone to take over the paymen.....oh, my bad. Got carried away there.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone is looking for a significant other, I'm looking for someone to take over the paymen.....oh, my bad. Got carried away there.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahha!!!

We met Whitewater kayaking, before it became a "TV" sport.

[ QUOTE ]
at the Beverly Center in Brentano's bookstore

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the BC Brentano's. I used to go there on my lunch breaks to "read" and check out the hot women.

Ok, short but sweet: 6 years ago, I was on vacation in South Beach, met a wonderful girl at The Clevelander, we kept in touch over the next several months (I lived in Atlanta at the time, she lived in Miami), moved in together in Miami Beach, we just had our 4-year wedding anniversary!

In 1997 I started reading a newsgroup called "alt.rec.aviation.piloting". Shortly after a new user called Cherokee_e posted a hello message to the forum. I replied with a welcome message. We exchanged a few emails about flying (didn't even know Cherokee_e was a "she" at that point) then started talking more generally via email... then ICQ chats. Three months later she flew over to the UK to see me and we hit it off big time. I visited her in the States in August '98 and she moved to the UK in October '98. We married in Jan'99. I am a very lucky guy
smile.gif

She hired me in my first serious instructing job after a gruelling interview. She's been my harshest critic and greatest support ever since. Fortunately, she is no longer my boss...well, actually technically that's true, but in practice...around the house, she's still my boss.

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose this will be a big surprise, we met at church

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for me.

I met my wife at a revival in 1997. If anyone is familiar with Baptist churches, they give an altar call for anyone who wants to be saved at the end of the service. After the service, those who did so usually stand by the door or at the front (depending on the church) while everyone else comes up to say "hello." Anyhow, Debi got saved that night and I said "hello" (although I was actually saying "hello" to a friend standing next to her).

In the weeks and months that followed, we talked more, then started dating. Three years later to the day we got married in the same spot where we met.

That's an awesome story Dave!!

I met my wife on the internet. I was hesitant to reveal this since it sounds sort of cheesy. We met 4 years ago on a chat site. We exchanged emails for over a year. She lived in Pittsburgh and I in Wichita. I eventually convinced her to move to Wichita. We dated a couple years in Wichita and then finally got married a year ago!!!

I met a very nice woman over internet. We dated for a while, but my stupidity messed it all up(looking back, it was a great realtionship). She's like my current wife, very intellectual, but with all that said I'm happy to be married to my wife now. Anyways my point is, good women are everywhere. Meeting your wife/girlfriend at the local mall or a cybermall, what's the difference.

I met my wife in college. We were in band together, but we really met in the mailroom. She decided to study in a chair that just happened to be in the front of my mailbox.

She swears it was a coincidence, but I think she was stalking me. That was Spring of '96.

I popped the question at Polaris Apitheater in Columbus on June 23, 1997 as the Dave Matthews Band played Crash.

The rest is history.

Naunga

Back