How did you get started?

Edwin,

Now you're finding the good information. Here's a link for you to discuss the corporate/fractional/charter/whatever else you can lump into this category: thread here

As for fractionals, they are the NetJets, Marquis, Exec Jets of the world (sorry if the companies aren't exact in their names or I got two combined, just illustrating). They are basically charter operations that the companies basically sell 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 "shares" of the airplane and manage the airplanes for them. I won't go into all the details, as you can look them up or read some other threads here, but, for the most part, NJ has a 7 on 7off schedule for their pilots, so there are no "pop-up" flights like you have in charters (that is all a charter is-unscheduled flights).

Good luck and safe flying!
bandit.gif

frown.gif
Just asking so that I could get better acquainted with what companies are out there in different sectors of aviation.

Edwin - don't worry man, it's not personal. Some just can't share that info. Other's understandibly won't because if they do, they're flight department will be inundated with resume's.

haaa I figured that would be the reason, the inundation of applicants, but oh well i tried. Now lets not stray ...........

[ QUOTE ]
haaa I figured that would be the reason, the inundation of applicants, but oh well i tried. Now lets not stray ...........

[/ QUOTE ]

They all work for "the Company"............

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if any corporate pilots could tell me how they got started flying corporate. What kind of qualifications are needed? What kind of companies do you fly for? What are the pro's/con's of flying corporate versus flying for regional or majors? How much do you make? What kind of jobs are there going to be in the next four years. My e-mail is Avi8er10@aol.com. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton.<BR> -Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

The way to get real corporate jobs is to network, network, network. Be at the airport, be reliable, and make good impressions.

I know two guys who parlayed aircraft cleaning services into corporate flying jobs. They simply impressed the chief pilots and showed him they were dedicated and hard working. In each case the CP was glad to overlook their low flight time for what he knew about their personal character.

A word of caution. Not all CPs are fair or honest. So it may take a while to connect with the right people, but persistence pays off.

Dave

Sincerely after reading this post I see no meaning in flying for the airlines. My goal now is to fly for a corporate/fractional company down here in South Florida. Would you guys say South Florida is a good place for it or not? I would think so as we have lots of private jets down here in places like FXE and BCT.

I agree with Brian, the corporate/fractional side seems better. So is this a good place (south Florida) for it?

[ QUOTE ]
Sincerely after reading this post I see no meaning in flying for the airlines.

[/ QUOTE ]

My goodness! If I changed careers that much as a kid, Brian, I don't know what I would have done!!
grin.gif

I think we need to get Brian back in school/a job/out to play football, baseball, whatever/or just a girlfriend.
cwm27.gif
Brian, have your parents come on this board and we'll see if we can't get them to help you keep your time occupied.
grin.gif

And, no, you're not gonna get the teacher in Tampa as she's temporarily unavailable.
bandit.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sincerely after reading this post I see no meaning in flying for the airlines.

[/ QUOTE ]

My goodness! If I changed careers that much as a kid, Brian, I don't know what I would have done!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do change my mind pretty quickly and I am sure I will shift back and fourth between many things until I actually do them.
banghead.gif

Well actually I am just waiting for a guy I know from the airport to call me. He was gonna help me find something to do at the aiport. "Long-distance networking" .
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The pay is general the highest of the 3 (for example, at my company, new hires start first year in the $80,000 range with full benefits, pension, profit sharing, bonus, stock purchase plans, 401k, etc...).

[/ QUOTE ]

What type and how much experiance is required to land a job with benefits/salary like that?

Thanks

Back