How busy are the MEIs out there

I have logged about 30 hrs in the last 4 months in NE. It obviously hasn't been really busy & it isn't picking up a whole lot either. Plus, the wx has been pretty lousy. Hopefully it changes soon. As far as the training & checkride.......piece of cake. Try & find another MEI where you work & see if they hook you up as far as the instruction goes. You might be surprised what most instructors will do for free multi time, especially if they aren't real busy.

do you have 8 325's on your schedule, because 200 in a semester is pretty tough. i think the most i have done in a semester was like 170ish.

Right now I have 4 multi's on my schedule, plus picking up any flights that are available, plus hopefully picking up another student.

Currently I have two MEI's working for Sheble's and they both make over 100 hours of multi per month. A lot like T2on2y.

It really depends on the area that you're from and plan to teach in, and the student base being either domestic or foreign.

We do offer a CFII/MEI course here at Sheble's that runs $3,410.00 (Not including the two instructor fees at $400.00 each) and lasts two to three days. Just have the written done. For the cost of just doing one or the other somewhere else, you could have both here.

Had mine for six months and I'm yet to fly a twin since. At the job I had until I quit a few weeks ago I was supposed to instruct multi but after I started working there the owner told me I needed at least 150 multi.

The place I'm working at now doesn't have a twin, but every now and then someone in the area with their own plane needs an MEI.

Oh well, hopefully by June I won't need to worry about multi time anymore...

Back