Hotel Points

For the airline points are you using a different card or do hotel cards offer flight rewards?

The only one I know that does points AND miles is Hilton - they call it their double-dipping program. However, I'm also told that it takes more points for a night in a Hilton than it does for a night in a Marriott. It generally depends on the property and time of year, though.

For example - I'm staying at a Courtyard in two weeks in SD, paying with points, and it's costing around 30K points per night. Another Courtyard in Dallas, last week, charged me 20K points per night. Same hotel, but different markets, times, etc.

After reading all of the talk in this thread I think I am going to have to get myself a Hilton Honors card. I don't spend a whole lot of money on credit cards but it would add up over the years and I could possibly use it one day.
Do some research they have something like 5 separate cards all with different earn rates, fees and benefits.
For the airline points are you using a different card or do hotel cards offer flight rewards?
There are so many cards out there it depends on what you are looking for. Most hotel programs allow you to earn miles in lieu of points for stays and/or transfer points to FF programs. SPG has really good transfer rates with a lot of airlines.

If you are talking about credit cards do a bunch of research find the best sign-up bonuses and exploit those. I do it constantly but never use a hotel card for everyday spending, for that it is category bonuses on other cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred and others. The Sapphire Preferred points transfer to various airlines and hotel programs.

Back