Hormone replacement therapy

fly6785

I’ve hit the middle age slump. Got a testosterone test and it came back really low. Any insight on HRT? Good? Bad? I asked multiple times and the physician said he had multiple pilots currently doing it. He said it would consist of taking a couple shots a week. Any insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done HRT. In my case, I got rid of testosterone and installed estrogen for a cleaner-burning, happier shark.

Definitely recommend. Vastus lateralis IM injections are totally doable by yourself, which is where most testosterone IM injections are done IIRC. They also have patches and gel available. (One of my mates is a FTM trans man, so he's been around the block with the different formats. They all have their ups and downs.)

I’ve hit the middle age slump. Got a testosterone test and it came back really low. Any insight on HRT? Good? Bad? I asked multiple times and the physician said he had multiple pilots currently doing it. He said it would consist of taking a couple shots a week. Any insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forty-six year old here. I hit that same wall, my results also came back really low. Think I was about 200 out of 850. I take a "T" shot once a week about 120 mml. and I'm back at about an 800 level. I also have a 1st Class medical. No worries bro, do it! You'll sleep better, have more energy and your significant other will like it as well. I feel like I'm back in middle school with both energy and libido.

Forty-six year old here. I hit that same wall, my results also came back really low. Think I was about 200 out of 850. I take a "T" shot once a week about 120 mml. and I'm back at about an 800 level. I also have a 1st Class medical. No worries bro, do it! You'll sleep better, have more energy and your significant other will like it as well. I feel like I'm back in middle school with both energy and libido.

I just did my medical after my first year on T. I came in with a pre- T blood work and my post T blood work and reported no symptoms. Other then it acting as birth control for more Jimothy’s (the world rejoices) it’s been great. I second Max, my energy and libido(still for the ladies, to Max’s sadness) is so much better.

Been taking a 250mg troche for about 4 years now. No issues with medicals. You owe it to yourself to check it out if you're a moan of a certain age. You'll be glad you did.

Been taking a 250mg troche for about 4 years now. No issues with medicals. You owe it to yourself to check it out if you're a moan of a certain age. You'll be glad you did.
How often? Cypionate?

For those on HRT / T, are you also doing Anastrozole? The clinic I spoke to recommended this, however, I see it is Case by case on the FAA aeromedical website.

I’m part of the club. I’m using Hone online. 200mg/ml per week. The online physician consult was one of my best physician experiences.

I get a package with four bottles, syringes, and alcohol pads each month.

Their pricing model is subscription plus medications. It’s about $200/month but I wouldn’t have to do another consult for other medications.

Initial lab was at-home. Follow-up was at Labcorp at a Walgreens location. There’s a lab after three months, as well.

For me, results are subtle. My baseline was 400. Everything seems a better. I think that getting on TRT has triggered a health consciousness that has included better diet, weight loss, and more strenuous workouts. Consequently, it’s hard to quantify how much TRT has contributed but I feel better.

Last edited:
For those on HRT / T, are you also doing Anastrozole? The clinic I spoke to recommended this, however, I see it is Case by case on the FAA aeromedical website.

If you are on relatively low doses of Testosterone, it’s not usually prescribed without symptoms. I have body-builder friends that take it because they are on heavy doses of Test and don’t want breasts.

Back