Horizon Furloughs...

SurferLucas

Southern Gentleman
Hey y'all, just got passed down the word today that Horizon Air will start furloughing 87 pilots this November...it goes as follows:

November: 41 Pilots
December: 21 Pilots
January: 15 Pilots
February: 10 Pilots

Needless to say, I'm in the January group at the moment, it takes us back to 12/27/2006 DOH's.

Anyone know anything good about AlphaFlying??? :banghead:

Does anyone have any good news? Damn. Sorry to hear it, man. Good luck to everyone at Horizon. Always one of the best regionals at which to work. Sorry to hear of them having trouble.

If you can call it "good" news...atleast I got bumped up in the payscale and will stay at that payrate till furlough. It's going to be my "move me home to Georgia" money! Can't wait to be home in NE Georgia with some good ole sweet tea, it really pained me leave GA to come to work.

Big thanks to the Delta Crew on Flight 1057 (ATL-SEA)...and to all Delta Crews, y'all make my commute enjoyable!

:nana2:

You're a GA boy? Once you get back, you'll have to come down to tha ATL and have drinks with surreal and a few other JC GA boys. First couple of rounds will be on me (assuming I haven't gotten furloughed by then, too :) ).

Born and raised in Georgia...always dreamed of being a pilot at SouthernJets...hahaha. I'll have to take y'all up on that, the Ms's and I are down in Atlanta quite a good bit.

I can't stand places that don't have sweet tea. For the record, serving me unsweetened tea in a glass with ice and telling me there's "sugar on the table" is NOT the same. If the sugar isn't chemically bonded with the water molecules during the brewing process (or at least while the tea's still hot), it ain't sweet tea.....

If you guys have a big ole ATL bash, I might just try to JS down for that.

I can't stand places that don't have sweet tea. For the record, serving me unsweetened tea in a glass with ice and telling me there's "sugar on the table" is NOT the same. If the sugar isn't chemically bonded with the water molecules during the brewing process (or at least while the tea's still hot), it ain't sweet tea.....

If you guys have a big ole ATL bash, I might just try to JS down for that.

You tell 'em, Kell! That's what real sweet tea is!

You should definitely come down whenever we can finally all get together. I still haven't met you!

You tell 'em, Kell! That's what real sweet tea is!

You should definitely come down whenever we can finally all get together. I still haven't met you!

Oddly, we've probably been within 5 feet of each other and never known it. :)

So we found out some good news at Horizon...if you can call it "good"...atleast for me it is.

Horizon has now came out with a new number for potential furloughs....69 pilots (everyone please chime in with a good Giggidy)

I don't know if it's a blessing or not...but I'm 71 from the bottom, so I'm now going to be the most junior FO in the PDX base (woohoo)...but atleast I've got a job!

So we found out some good news at Horizon...if you can call it "good"...atleast for me it is.

Horizon has now came out with a new number for potential furloughs....69 pilots (everyone please chime in with a good Giggidy)

I don't know if it's a blessing or not...but I'm 71 from the bottom, so I'm now going to be the most junior FO in the PDX base (woohoo)...but atleast I've got a job!

Thats very good news. Obviously it's terrible for the 69 but at least furloughes were mitigated or the company isn't in as bad a way as was first though. Congrats.

That's good short term news. . .but just watch out. . .never know when the second tsunami wave is going to hit.

Good luck

Yes.

Pricing power is their goal.

Reduce the number of available seats, and increase the price on the remaining seats.

I hope it works.

Yes.

Pricing power is their goal.

Reduce the number of available seats, and increase the price on the remaining seats.

I hope it works.

People still are only paying $99 oneway to get from Orlando to New York though. That's what I don't get. I see what you're saying about reducing capacity and increasing fares on the remaining flights but they are reducing and NOT increasing. Doesn't make a lot of business sense.

Airlines weren't making money with oil at $70 a barrel. They're not gonna stop what they're doing with it at $110.

I don't get what you're trying to explain here bro. What do you mean "What they're doing?"

Reducing capacity and trying to get a hold on price control. Apparently, the bean counters don't think they've hit the point where they have price control, which is the reason fares haven't been jumping up. They've just been creeping up.

Back