Hooters to take over Vanguard Airlines....Hooters Air Inc.

JoeBlow

From what I have heard they are suppose to have like two hooters girls on board every flight, but they will only have one route to start and it is from New Jersey to … I for get. Howard Stern was talking about it this morning. This airline would have a blond box instead of a black box. usa today charlotte.com

Hooters Air is starting up I think flying to 3 cities at first, but they did not acquire (what was left of) Vanguard. The links you posted are from last August.

I think their first route will be Myrtle beach, SC to atlanta, GA for 99 round trip. I read it in USA Today. i think they have a website www.hootersair.com But I aint sure, I'll check it after I post this.

-Brian

OK... forget the majors. If I were captain on one of those the cabin would be kept reeeeeaaaaaaal cold. Lots of turbulence too...
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hooters Air is starting up I think flying to 3 cities at first, but they did not acquire (what was left of) Vanguard

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. They acquired what was "Vacation Express" and have moved ops up to Atlanta, which is home to HOA, better known as Hooters of America, (corporate headquarters for the restaurants). A buddy of mine that went to Comair with me got a job flying 737's for them back when it was Vacation Express. Little did he know he was going to work for Bob Brooks. Glad he's flying 737's, sorry he has to work for Bob.

I dont think the Vanguard thing was approved. The article posted on the first thread was dated AUg 2002. Since then they buy out was denied. However, Hooters has some deal with pave to fly 737s with Hooter girls. EWR and ATL to MYR.

Back