Honest accelerated flight training

Rotor2Wing

Unapologetically American
OK, I am ready to bite the bullet and finish my fixed wing ratings! I am looking for a place that is similar to Sheble Aviation thats on the east coast (southeast hopefully). I have found a few places here and there but they are either booked, shady, or to expensive! I know there are some hidden gems out there but I need the help of the JCers to find them. Accelerated, affordable, and honest is all Im looking for (seems hard to find). I would just go back out to Sheble but after adding in the costs of travel and their $500 checkride fees its hard to make it work out!

If I can find an affordable twin I would love to just finish it all up in one. I have been flying for about a decade now and Im ready to get all my fixed wing ratings complete.

Here are some of the places I've found so far that are honest people but can't make it work for me.

Traverse Air- would love to go here but Tom's just to booked up to do all I need right now.

Multi-engine training, Arlington- Airplane is broke!

Crystal River Aero Group- Fine people but I can't afford them for what I need.

Anyone have any information on:

Florida Aviation Academy

Island Air Express, Panama City, Fl

Sunrise Aviation

Sterling Flight

Airline Career Academy

I would appreciate any other leads for places not on the west coast!

Panama City is my hometown, and I've seen the Island Air Express website around for a long while... but I don't think such a business actually exists. If it does, it sure as heck doesn't exist "as advertised". I remember digging around a few years back, because a lot of stuff about the website just didn't make sense. I forget what I found, but I strongly suggest caution. If anyone has ever had any dealings with them, I've yet to hear it. (But I'd certainly be interested!)

Honestly, given a strong aviation background, you might want to consider someone like ATP.

I'm considering doing a "finish-up" to go from cmel/ia to cs/mel/cfi/cfii/mei, and when considering Sheble or ATP and weighing cost/reputation/etc, the latter won by a rather large margin. Plus I did my commercial multi there, and have an idea of what to expect from them.

-Fox

Island Air does not exist as advertise, the chief instructor is a guy named Ron. If you'd like to pm me for any other information I would be more than happy to enlighten you.

Island Air is off the list. If its not a place with a known good reputation I will not waste my time even thinking about it. sr22driver

Acrofox I would consider ATP but since they do not do the custom courses anymore I can't afford to get the "packaged" courses they offer.

The hardest thing to find is an economical complex single or a twin! Seems like there should be a ton of small places hidden in FL with all the flight training that goes on down there.

What are you looking to finish? The guy I used for instrument was good and quick, took me 8 days. I think he has access to a twin as well. Club has the 150, 172, 177 and M20 at great rates.

Look at University Air Center @ KGNV, Pensacola Aviation Center @ KPNS.
Not sure if Destin Jet or Miracle Strip @ KDTS have a twin but just throwing out some ideas.

What are you looking to finish? The guy I used for instrument was good and quick, took me 8 days. I think he has access to a twin as well. Club has the 150, 172, 177 and M20 at great rates.

I have followed you through your training and it does sound like your club has a good thing going. Didn't you say your CFI has a line of private students waiting to fly? Where is the club located?

http://www.flyfte.com is where I go. They will do accelerated and have great rates. They also have housing that you could stay in while you are there.

I'll check into them. Thanks

He does, but will bump PPls for advanced folks as he prefers teaching those who don't try to kill him.

We're in Muskegon so you'd get actual this time of year.

In fact, I could help as if you need the full 40 instrument time, I'd be happy to split some for safety pilot time. I'm signed off in everything but the 150 which I have vowed never to get back into (along with traumahawks ) ;)

Go ahead and find a c150 that you can rent for the lowest possible cost. Pay as you go, don't give large amounts of your money to someone. When you need a different aircraft for other ratings go back and look for the first tip given....................

Go ahead and find a c150 that you can rent for the lowest possible cost. Pay as you go, don't give large amounts of your money to someone. When you need a different aircraft for other ratings go back and look for the first tip given....................

I wish a 150 would work but I can only carry about 1/4 fuel and I need a complex single or a multi to do 90% of what I need. Thanks for the advice and its for sure what I am doing cost wise!

OK, I am ready to bite the bullet and finish my fixed wing ratings! I am looking for a place that is similar to Sheble Aviation thats on the east coast (southeast hopefully). I have found a few places here and there but they are either booked, shady, or to expensive! I know there are some hidden gems out there but I need the help of the JCers to find them. Accelerated, affordable, and honest is all Im looking for (seems hard to find). I would just go back out to Sheble but after adding in the costs of travel and their $500 checkride fees its hard to make it work out!

If I can find an affordable twin I would love to just finish it all up in one. I have been flying for about a decade now and Im ready to get all my fixed wing ratings complete.

Here are some of the places I've found so far that are honest people but can't make it work for me.

Traverse Air- would love to go here but Tom's just to booked up to do all I need right now.

Multi-engine training, Arlington- Airplane is broke!

Crystal River Aero Group- Fine people but I can't afford them for what I need.

Anyone have any information on:

Florida Aviation Academy

Sunrise Aviation

Sterling Flight

Airline Career Academy

I would appreciate any other leads for places not on the west coast!

I would not recommend Airline Career Academy.

Thanks, Isn't that the same place as Sterling?

Thanks

It is but the program is set up a little differently. It is more accelerated/141 oriented. There are a lot of great instructors up there right now. All have 1,500+ TT and a lot of experience in many different aspects of aviation.

Back