HondaJet

TrinidadGT20

Vice President of Awesome
(I did a search in the forum for Honda and came up empty. My apologies if this was already discussed...)

Honda's website has a movie on the flight test of the new HondaJet. It's a really neat plane but I must say I don't care for the engine pylons being wing-mounted.

Here's the website HondaJet

This jet supposedly uses 40% less fuel than a similar jet. This has got to have Citation and Learjet a little worried.

Ah but the real question is will the HondaJet be ricable with spoilers, fart cannons, body kits, bondo, duct tape, bailing wire, plywood, spray paint, stickers, and lowering?

I wonder if the big 'Type R' sticker (ya know, the one that makes it go like 50MPH faster just because of the sticker
smile.gif
) will require an STC?

If it flies as good as my new civic drives then im sold. I would have to get the one in Satin Silver though... An EX model too!

anyone know what the price is going to be?

Those wing-mounted engines look a little funky, but you can't argue with the increased effeciency and the 30%+ increased cabin space. Pretty cool if you ask me...

Only thing its missing is some deuce-zeros!
grin.gif

(had to keep that part of the thread going)

I do like the idea of the top mounted engines as they increase cabin space(from fuselage mounted) and eliminate the need for the ground clearance under the wing. I know the Germans tried it in the mid '70s w/ the VFW 619 or some odd number??

I also hear the Honda Jet will also have the option for "VTEC" engines as well!!!

DOH!
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I also hear the Honda Jet will also have the option for "VTEC" engines as well!!!
DOH!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but will they be ULEV? And will it have side impact airbags?

Will there be an Acura version with slight cosmetic changes, a little more refinement, and the commensurate increase in price?
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Will there be an Acura version with slight cosmetic changes, a little more refinement, and the commensurate increase in price?
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it'll only be called Acura here. Those more expensive models will still just be called Honda in the rest of the world, cause that's all it is.
smile.gif

Back