Hold your Horses---New PEPC Revamp about to go down!

Atleast we're not on Top Secret :p That's insane, they go to peoples homes, then interview references they get from those people about themselves!!

Haha, I was a reference for one of my friends who was getting a job with the Department of Defense. A DoD agent showed up at my house, flashed his badge and asked if I was me. I stood there frozen for a second trying to think what the hell I did to get an individual from the DoD to show up at my door. He told me that I was listed as a reference for my friend and he wanted to ask me some questions. I invited him, got him a class a water and went through the process answering all the questions as honestly as possible. It was an interesting experience...

I'm starting to get a little frustrated. Called my HR rep, and my security clearances still aren't in. I'm alarmed because I was one of the people who didn't have to complete the security portion of the Memphis PEPc. I don't know what the hold up is, but I would take a conditional just to get the show on the road.

on Monday I had an interview with an OPM investigator to go over a couple things, it wasn't really a big deal but this investigation will not be completed by the time i go to OKC on Oct 10th.

Would you mind telling us in general terms why they wanted to talk with you?

I am one of those waiting on a medical clearance and I talked to the office last week. They said they had to "review my information". I don't know call me crazy but clearing people is THEIR JOB. When you have one function to preform you should be quick and efficient at it. 4 people could clear 100 people a day or more. providing they have a reference and check off list... if not those 2 people who arent clearing can call the ones not cleared. say "we need this from you" problem solved or call and say you are cleared.. fax... done. I don't know i'm ranting however I'm just at a boiling over point of frustration hearing this and having been involved in this process for 7 months now.

I am one of those waiting on a medical clearance and I talked to the office last week. They said they had to "review my information". I don't know call me crazy but clearing people is THEIR JOB. When you have one function to preform you should be quick and efficient at it. 4 people could clear 100 people a day or more. providing they have a reference and check off list... if not those 2 people who arent clearing can call the ones not cleared. say "we need this from you" problem solved or call and say you are cleared.. fax... done. I don't know i'm ranting however I'm just at a boiling over point of frustration hearing this and having been involved in this process for 7 months now.

No worries man...rant away. I think its a well deserved rant.

I understand your frustrations but be thankful it is going this quickly. I just got my FOL yesterday and it's been 14 + months for me.....believe me I understand!!!! Hang in there.

I understand your frustrations but be thankful it is going this quickly. I just got my FOL yesterday and it's been 14 + months for me.....believe me I understand!!!! Hang in there.

congrats on the FOL...its about time. didnt they originally tell you that you were gonna go like 3 weeks after your PEPC? towards the end of july? atleast you got yours for Sept. there are a lot of peole not goin for a looooong time. good luck!

congrats on the FOL...its about time. didnt they originally tell you that you were gonna go like 3 weeks after your PEPC? towards the end of july? atleast you got yours for Sept. there are a lot of peole not goin for a looooong time. good luck!

Well at the LA PEPC they told me beg of July then July 17 then July 28...then nothing nothing nothing.....Now in 2 weeks!!!!! it's been 13 weeks since the PEPC so that whole 2 to 4 week thing was way blown out the window!!!!

Well at the LA PEPC they told me beg of July then July 17 then July 28...then nothing nothing nothing.....Now in 2 weeks!!!!! it's been 13 weeks since the PEPC so that whole 2 to 4 week thing was way blown out the window!!!!

at least people are getting from the testing phase to the Pepc faster than you did... I cant believe it has taken you this long. Good luck in Okc...

btw, because of this thread when I got my FOL phone call I asked about the status of my med and sec.
Med was done, security was conditional, she said it can take up to a YEAR to complete an enroute sec. clear.

Wishing more and more I'd never walked into that sleep apnea diagnosis... I swear to god I'll perform a tracheotomy on myself if necessary.

Yeah, same here, though I only have a very mild case of it. But I don't think sleep apnea is really the worst thing in the world. It's easily correctable and it doesn't involve you passing out or anything like that. I think the one they are REALLY worried about is narcolepsy.

Hey, Eqfan592 - I see you're in Milwaukee. I'm in Racine. Did you pick your geo prefs yet? Just wondering if anyone else on here picked Wisconsin.:)

Hey, Eqfan592 - I see you're in Milwaukee. I'm in Racine. Did you pick your geo prefs yet? Just wondering if anyone else on here picked Wisconsin.:)

I just took the AT-SAT yesterday down in Chicago, so no geo prefs yet! My wife-to-be and I are figuring out exactly where we want to go, or if we want to stay in Wisconsin.

Honestly, I wish there was a map of all the ATC locations around the country. Would make picking a location much easier!

Oh, I wasn't sure where in this super fun process you were. Hope the AT-SAT score comes back fast and high! If you guys do decide to stay around here, I've heard MKE needs people, but who knows... I put down WI as my #1 and IL as #2. Good luck!!!

Nice links there, thanks! I wish I could narrow it down to just FAA controlled centers and towers, but it's still MUCH better than nothing! :D

This is another resource that I think is better b/c is allows you to see where in the state the airports are. You do have to drag the map around to see the complete state. However, this also doesn't distinguish between the FAA controlled ones. I would only look at the locations with a large plane as the icon. I'm pretty sure the rest don't have towers.

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/airports/planning_capacity/npias/reports/states/

I just took the AT-SAT yesterday down in Chicago, so no geo prefs yet! My wife-to-be and I are figuring out exactly where we want to go, or if we want to stay in Wisconsin.

Honestly, I wish there was a map of all the ATC locations around the country. Would make picking a location much easier!

This is not a map, but here is another list of facilities. However, it may be a little outdated

http://faaimposedpayrules.natca.net/localityratesrev13.xls

This is another resource that I think is better b/c is allows you to see where in the state the airports are. You do have to drag the map around to see the complete state. However, this also doesn't distinguish between the FAA controlled ones. I would only look at the locations with a large plane as the icon. I'm pretty sure the rest don't have towers.

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/airports/planning_capacity/npias/reports/states/

I looked up Georgia and several of the airports indicated with a star have towers and then there were a few others with stars that did not have towers.

There is a list of FAA facilities on their webpage...

Back