Hit the Brakes or Not?

I was only asking
I understand that and I apologize if that came across harsh in text. But for the most part I wouldn’t trust any information gained trying to do something like that in a sim. For example, if you tried it and the aircraft just came to a stop that would lead you to believe that would be an appropriate action to take. I can’t possibly stress enough how bad of an idea it is to do that in an actual airplane. It doesn’t matter the size of the plane being pushed/towed either so it applies to everyone.

I have had a tow bar break before while being pushed. Had to slowly bring it to a stop while going backwards.

Had this happen in the CRJ7 once in JAN I think. The towbar dropped off the wheel (it wasn't connected correctly I think) and we started rolling straight back off the tug. Fortunately we weren't going super fast and VERY gentle brake pressure got us stopped. I certainly wouldn't do that with the tug still in positive control though.

Do you really think the sim is modeled accurately to account for a tug attached to the nose gear?
I was only asking

Tough crowd LOL

ahw01 be like…

tumblr_inline_p8agjyiU7e1sfquyp_250.gifv

Back