Hired!!! Well maybe

m77y

Well guys Ive had my CMEL for just over a week now and I already have a potential job lined up. I went in and met with a chief pilot of a local photography company to see if they have any pilots opening and if I even have a shot. To my suprise they do have an opening and they want me to come in and fly with them a few times before they check me out in the airplane.

They have a fllet of 4 aircraft. 3 Piper Navajos and 1 Piper Aztec. I was wondering if anyone has any advise on flying the Navajo and if anyone knows where I can view the poh via pdf. Thanks in advance guys!

Well guys Ive had my CMEL for just over a week now and I already have a potential job lined up. I went in and met with a chief pilot of a local photography company to see if they have any pilots opening and if I even have a shot. To my suprise they do have an opening and they want me to come in and fly with them a few times before they check me out in the airplane.

They have a fllet of 4 aircraft. 3 Piper Navajos and 1 Piper Aztec. I was wondering if anyone has any advise on flying the Navajo and if anyone knows where I can view the poh via pdf. Thanks in advance guys!

Would that company be in FDK or HGR?

Both pretty easy airplanes to fly. Basically like any piston airplane. They both really drop out of the sky without power, so you'll be over the fence with some power still in, that's probably different from whatever you did your cmel in. Otherwise fly it like they want you to. If they have you stage cool(pa31) so be it, if not, don't worry about it.
I think the gear speed in the early ho's is 128, which is a good bit slower than it should be given what the plane does for speed. 153 in the later ones, which is about perfect.

Thanks for the tips guys. I got a call this morning and I'm flying it for the first time in the morning

I CFI'ed one of the guys working there for a lesson or two if memory serves. His name is Ethan.

I think a college friend of mine just left there. I'll thank her for leaving on your behalf if you get the job.

I can't remember when I left to go to Frederick flight center. It was probably around that time. Brian Wolfe was my roommate if you remember him. Tom Scott was one of the best bosses I've ever had. Just wish he had students for me, otherwise I would have CFI'ed there my whole CFI'ed career.

Flew the Navajo today. Pretty nice airplane. I was also given the new pilot info binder. I'd say things are looking good.

Congrats and good luck! I see them flying around fairly often while I'm at work. I still do most of my renting out of MRB with the occasional renting down at Av-Ed.

Congrats and good luck! I see them flying around fairly often while I'm at work. I still do most of my renting out of MRB with the occasional renting down at Av-Ed.

Thanks! I got my PPL from av-ed and just picked up one of the navajos from kokv. It was there for mx. Kinda funny seeing 409ES again. I have alot of time in that bird

Back