HIRED!!! (the trransition begins)

ready2fly

Okay, so this isn't going to be earth-shattering, but:

I just got hired to work at my FBO. I started training this past Sunday on the line and I'll also be trained on the front desk.

As of right now, I'm only going ot be working on Sundays or Saturdays (one of the two), but I'll be able to pick up more time down the road.

If it means anything, it's a foot in the door for when I'm ready to instruct as they prefer to hire their instructors from within.

ALSO, this gives me a FANTASTIC opportunity to NETWORK!!!

I'm still working at the law firm (yawn) for now and will continue until I can instruct and work at the FBO.

So....the transition has begun!!!
grin.gif

R2F

[ QUOTE ]
Grats. One step closer to getting "all the chicks."
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Szluka's job!
grin.gif

hey bro im in the same pool as you, ive been working at mine for over a year now.... very boring at the desk, but just keep telling urself that u have an instructing job lined up

[ QUOTE ]
I started training this past Sunday on the line and I'll also be trained on the front desk.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the VNE, Mmo on the Front desk?

Kidding well done,,

Step one..... check!!
Step two.... soon to follow!

Oh - and a tip to anyone who might be considering the same thing:

Don't give up!!!

I first approached the GM about this over three months ago and he was receptive to the idea, but just never pursued it with me.

I kept hounding him (politely and diplomatically, of course) until he "caved".
wink.gif

Just MHO.

R2F

[ QUOTE ]
I kept stalking him (subtlely and manicaly, of course) until he "caved" in outright fear for his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corrected.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I kept stalking him (subtlely and manicaly, of course) until he "caved" in outright fear for his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corrected.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, whatever works, right?

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grats. One step closer to getting "all the chicks."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's Szluka's job!

[/ QUOTE ] Nah - getting all the chicks is up for grabs this year now that JC 2003 is over and done....(no pun intended)....

Congrats R2F - way ta go.... it's great to be hearing all of this good news lately!!
grin.gif

WOOHOO! Welcome to the club of friendly FBO people..

I am at this moment on day 2 of my dispatch stuff. It is 11:10, which means the quiet before the storm!

You may not meet the chicks, but you meet.. well.. people who want fuel!

Have fun with it. Its much better than sitting in a cuby

-B

Sweet. Congratulations R2F. Welcome to the wonderful world of professional aviation. Prepare to live the dream.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
One step closer to getting "all the chicks."

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhh. Mrs. R2F might be around.
shocked.gif

Back