hired (new freight dawg)

I fly freight at night in a turbo-prop...but I have to wear a tie...does that mean I'm not a real freight dog anymore...?:confused:

Got the call that they cancelled the class...

Please be advised Air Cargo Carriers will not be conducting the ground school slated for October 27, 2008. Your names will be in pilot pool for future ground school dates when they become available. We do not anticipate further hiring this year. If you continue to have interest in flying for us please keep your resumes updated and check back in the new year.

Got the call that they cancelled the class...

Sorry to hear that, I was just filling out their application and reading this post before hitting the submit button.

Is there ANY cargo airlines hiring right now? Except the no-no place MartinAir and dead-end West Air Inc?

No. I've applied to them all. Got hired by two, and then told sorry days later.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

If you have PIC mins, I'm sure there are places hiring. Flight Express, Ram Air, Ameriflight, etc. If you don't, it might be a little tough. Keep your ear to the ground, though, because when a 135 needs someone, they need them yesterday...being in the right place at the right time can get you a job even if you're "underqualified".

Wow. I asked to hear if there was a place I had not found. I've also applied to every 135 cargo carrier I've come across on the web (except martinair and west air inc), and so far one rejection email, one rejection phone call, and 20+ applications unanswered.

Wow. I asked to hear if there was a place I had not found. I've also applied to every 135 cargo carrier I've come across on the web (except martinair and west air inc), and so far one rejection email, one rejection phone call, and 20+ applications unanswered.

Seriously man, I would apply to Flight Express or someone else. I know that they don't fly that must way up north but they will be looking for pilot. I know they just had one class finish up on Friday. Keep filling out the apps. And keep your ear to the wind, something will turn up. Good Luck!

Do you honestly think "Flight Express" isn't covered under the 'every 135 carrier' umbrella?

Back