HIred in less than a week!

blee256

Hey guys, I just finished the program last thursday and I got a call the following Monday to become an instructor. I am really excoted and scared at the same time. I will be based out of JAX teaching private pilots Since I did the private pilot program with ATP.

I know people ask about how long the wait is to become an instructor. I just got lucky with the timing. But I would say wait time generally isn't long.

-Brian

Congrats Brian! Does this mean you won't be flying the Meridian? (our phone system at the office
smile.gif

I don't know if i have to work the office or not. Generally the private pilot instructors just go right into instructing and skip the office. but I'll know more after monday.

-Brian

[ QUOTE ]
COOL BRIAN...
Congratulations! I hope I get that call soon!

Jeremy

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey is this jeremy of Jeremy and Mark from JAX?

Sure is ....

Sorry, I am horrible with names... Brian... did you leave your car or am I thinking of someone else?

Jeremy

Great... so you drove all of the way back to Cali just to fly back! NICE!... all I have to say is... "Talk me up!" I have my resume in and have called... I am thinking about faxing it in once a week and calling a couple days later to follow-up... if anything, they may hire me just to save some trees! *
laugh.gif

BTW... don't know if you remember or not... We met several months back... Rich gave me a tour in JAX during your first week of ground... (we stuck our heads in a sec.) and I actually talked to you on here later that week if I am not mistaken... you remember that?!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I just finished the program last thursday and I got a call the following Monday to become an instructor. I am really excoted and scared at the same time. I will be based out of JAX teaching private pilots Since I did the private pilot program with ATP.

I know people ask about how long the wait is to become an instructor. I just got lucky with the timing. But I would say wait time generally isn't long.

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweeeetttt!
cool.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
I am thinking of going with ATP. I hear it is an excellent school to go with. Were your experiences generally good there? Was it worth 34,000 dollars?

Thanks

i also finished the ACPP recently. haven't got the call yet though. which is ok with me i definatley need a little break. i would be happy to give my honest opinions of ATP and the program. like i said i did the full program (acpp) so that's all i can speak to. i don't know enough about their other programs to speak intelligently about them. first off, the program is very fast paced especially during the cfi portion at the end. BUT it is very manageable and it actually wasn't as tough as i thought it would be. it does get a little stressful at times but no big deal. Another good point is that you do get a lot of ground school. before i started i was under the impression that you really didn't get any. is it worth the $34k? absolutley! they could charge $40k or $45K and it would still be one of the best things going. you'll spend 60-70k at a lot of other schools and not get half the multi-time or the cross-country experience. personally, i didn't get done in the 90 days due to some scheduling problems that really weren't my or ATP's fault. this is not the norm. that wasn't a big deal to me. i did however get done paying exactly the advertised price. in fact i don't know anyone who paid a cent more than advertised. i found everyone invovled in the company from instructors to maintanance personnel to the V.P. to be extremely honest and helpful. the company has new and old seminoles (mostly older ones) depending on where you do the program. the maintanance is EXCELLENT. i highly doubt you'll find better maintanance anywhere which is reassuring. all have garmin 430 gps units in them which are really nice. the new seminoles have two. very rarely did i ever have flights cancelled. the few times that it did happen were due to weather. never mx, or a/c availability. i traveled to many ATP locations during my cross-countries and have met a lot of people. i can honestly say, i haven't met one that wasn't completely satisfied with the program. personally, i enjoyed the fact that ATP doesn't try to blow sunshine up your a$$. as it says in their literature, they "do not make false statements or misleading claims" which is true. ATP does not try to bring students in with some bulls#$t bridge program "agreement" that doesn't amount to anything in the end. they also don't feed you the "pilot shortage" crap. in fact, some of the "big whigs" at ATP are laid off airline pilots. i would HIGHLY recommend taking a look at ATP's program before making a decision on a flight school. i can say in all honesty, i am 100% satisfied with the program as is everyone i've come in contact with. many of the students that are/were going through the program when i was there originally went to other schools. we had a few from all the big name schools and i've heard many horror stories. now, all are extremely happy at ATP.

You convinced me... Great write up Hollywood. I can't wait to get into a program like this. I still have 2 more years of college then Hopefully I'll be attending ATP.

My honest opionion about the program? Its tough. There were times when i thought about another career. but i stuck with it, and am very glad I did. If you compare it to all the other schools out there, none comes close. DCA and FSI are great schools. But they take a little longer, more expensive, and you get less multi-time, whch I hear is very vauable to the airlines. But I can see why people may choose not to attend ATP. i think its the time frame that scares them. But it can be done. I did it and so many others before me. 3 months at ATP or 10 months at another school? I choose 3.

Also if you get a tour of the JAX location, the tour is done by our chief pilot,not a markering department. So you'll get the real deal. If anything he might scare youinto not coming. haha. but Rich (our chief pilot) is great. I went to ATP w/o a tour. I went there solely on the information from this message board. which is kinda dumb, if you think about it, but it worked out great for me. If you have dedication and work ethic, I strongly encourage you to take a look at ATP. If you want to take your time, and slack then ATP might not be the school for you. And like I've said before its not for everyone. Just for people who want to succeeed. haha just kidding. But you get my point, right? Also, I hear a lot about how airline training is so fast paced as well. So if anyting, this will help you be prepared for that.

-Brian

btw, hollywood, where did you do the program?

Since you are instructing for the private pilots, does that mean you will only be flying the 172's. Will you eventually instruct in the seminoles? Did you have a choice of what plane to instruct in, or do they just put you where they want you? It just seems that you will be missing out on all the multi time if you only instruct the private students. I am curious because I am honestly considering attending ATP for my private and the career program.

The way it usually works is an instructor that went through the private pilot course at ATP will instruct the private pilot course for two to three months. Guaranteed tons of flight time. This past August, the private pilot instructor logged 150 hours. When I went through the private pilot course, my instructor logged 100 hours in that month. After a couple of months, they move the private pilot instructor into seminole teaching of some sort, i.e. career pilot students, multi add -ons, atp ratings etc. Teaching the private pilots is a great way to get back to basics of flight and log tons of time. I'd do it.

Back