Hired at a Part 91 outfit!

Hopefully they keep you busy enough or you actually get a schedule. It's tough keeping students around part time like that.

Hopefully they keep you busy enough or you actually get a schedule. It's tough keeping students around part time like that.

Oh I know... I've got a few loyal students though and I don't mind couch surfing for intro flights and BFRs/IPCs... And I'm not even so much worried about flying a ton as I am having something to do in my weeks off. My schedule at the survey company will be 2 to 4 weeks on, 2 to 4 weeks off. I get a little stir crazy after a few days of sitting around.

Oh I know... I've got a few loyal students though and I don't mind couch surfing for intro flights and BFRs/IPCs... And I'm not even so much worried about flying a ton as I am having something to do in my weeks off. My schedule at the survey company will be 2 to 4 weeks on, 2 to 4 weeks off. I get a little stir crazy after a few days of sitting around.

Don't worry, as a survey pilot, you'll get really good at sitting around!

Sounds like a job I worked doing cable survey

Congrats! May I ask how many hours you got hired with?

I'm right around 1,000.

Sounds like a job I worked doing cable survey

Yea... That is exactly what this will be. Leave home for a few weeks. Survey several different job sites in a region and then come home for a few weeks. Salaried at $18K for first 6 months then bumps to 22K after 6 months. About $50 to $60 p/day while away from base with hotels, rental cars, and some expenses paid for (still have to buy my own food). They also offer a lot of bonuses and I've talked to many of the pilots who work there and they said they usually get a $200 bonus or so after every trip. After 18 months there is a $2000 cash bonus. After 18 months if you give them at least 30 days notice that you are going to quit, then you get another $2000 cash bonus. Most of my friends who have worked there say it isn't uncommon to make $30 to $35K p/year when you include in all bonuses and per diem (after expenses). That plus the instruction should help pay some debt off and hopefully help me save a little for when I eventually make that jump to first year regional pay.

Back