High-speed Internet Access here?

JaceTheAce

If I am going to UND, I'd be moving into my own apartment - off campus. Are there any DSL or Cable internet services available in Grand Forks? Upon searching the internet for any, I only found Satellite - which is $600 for set-up fees and $69.95 a month - and with download speeds of only 400 Kbps (SLOW!!!! compared to my $29.95.month consistant 3000 Kbps Cable line here in San Diego). I canNOT live with dial-up, no way...never again.

Midco serves this area for high speed internet access. It is 32.95 a month and is fast as anyone could need.

I will be moving off campus starting next fall. $32.95 seems like a great deal for cable internet. What does Midco charge for tv service?

Midco's tv service is a ripoff i think. Its like 60 for the extended digital cable. A little less for the 60 channel package. If you only want 16 channels then it is an ok price like 20 a month. I'm moving and i'm not getting cable from midco, i'm getting a sattelite to use dish network. 120 channels, 40 a month. Cheaper than the cable company.

You can't go wrong with Dish Network!

Service is great.

I like'em more than DirecTV, to tell you the truth. (I've had both)

[ QUOTE ]
Midco's tv service is a ripoff i think. Its like 60 for the extended digital cable. A little less for the 60 channel package. If you only want 16 channels then it is an ok price like 20 a month. I'm moving and i'm not getting cable from midco, i'm getting a sattelite to use dish network. 120 channels, 40 a month. Cheaper than the cable company.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Dish around GFK was only 60 channels for $40 a month. I have cable and pay 24 bucks a month for 75 channels and high speed internet. That is shared by 3 total people, so it is a helluva a deal.

I would think Dish Network is the same price all throughout the US...

We pay around $45 for the "America's Top 180". It should be the same over there.

But you can't compare regular cable to digital cable/satellite quality. Old cable's starting to become obsolete.

Edit: Did you say cable+internet for $24?!?!?!?

[ QUOTE ]
I would think Dish Network is the same price all throughout the US...

We pay around $45 for the "America's Top 180". It should be the same over there.

But you can't compare regular cable to digital cable/satellite quality. Old cable's starting to become obsolete.

Edit: Did you say cable+internet for $24?!?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might look into Dish Network then. And yes, our bill is $71 a month/3. So yep, I did mean roughly $24 a month!!

[ QUOTE ]
I might look into Dish Network then. And yes, our bill is $71 a month/3. So yep, I did mean roughly $24 a month!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you with Midco? Cause that's definetely a hell of a deal.
We were thinking about doing dish for our place but if you can get 75 channels + internet then that's definetely what we'll be going with.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you with Midco? Cause that's definetely a hell of a deal.
We were thinking about doing dish for our place but if you can get 75 channels + internet then that's definetely what we'll be going with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Matt, we are with Midco. It is the standard basic cable for GFK, which is like 30 a month, internet is 33, then the rest is taxes that seem to go nowhere, lol. It is a pretty good deal when you have roommates.

Cool, pretty good after being split I suppose.
This is probably asking for too much for the price, ha ha, but do you have three receivers, or just one?

[ QUOTE ]
Cool, pretty good after being split I suppose.
This is probably asking for too much for the price, ha ha, but do you have three receivers, or just one?

[/ QUOTE ]

No receivers, this is low tech Cable TV, so every room gets it.

Yea i guess if you are splitting it 3 ways with roomies then cable is ok. Since i don't live with a roomate (except my fiancee) i only need one receiver, im not paying 71 a month for cable plus internet. I'll get the internet (32) and dish network (30) and get more channels. Depends on your situation i guess which is best.

No, I pay $71 total which includes cable and internet. This is all hooked up to 4 tv's and 3 computers. No extra receivers and only 1 modem with a router. It is really cheap.

[ QUOTE ]
No receivers, this is low tech Cable TV, so every room gets it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, even better then.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll get the internet (32) and dish network (30) and get more channels.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dish at $30? What package?
The $25 package doesn't have TechTV. (and that would suck, IMO!)

Its either 40 a month for 120 channels if you rent the dish, but if you buy your own dish (which you can take with you when you move) they credit you 10 dollars a month until the dish is entirely paid back, making it free over time. I had to get the 120 channels because i needed Fox News.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome...she does exist!!!!
grin.gif
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome...she does exist!!!!
grin.gif
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

?

I'm a bit slow on this crappy Sunday.

Back