High Performance Singles

It really all depends on you time. If you only have 200 hours the insurance companies won't like you flying a P210 which have the worst saftey record of any single. I would recomend a Piper Commanche which is a great little airplane. Plenty of room fast and the insurence companies won't kill you.

[ QUOTE ]
It really all depends on you time. If you only have 200 hours the insurance companies won't like you flying a P210 which have the worst saftey record of any single. I would recomend a Piper Commanche which is a great little airplane. Plenty of room fast and the insurence companies won't kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't the plane, it is the pilot's flying it. Here is a quote from Richard Collins comparing turbocharged Saratogas to nonturbocharged Saratogas, "The only thing you can imagine is that pilots flying turbocharged Saratogas push harder to take advantage of their airplane's performance capability."

What I take from this is that when pilots have a higher performance airplane, SOME of them tend to let that go to their head and fly into stuff they aren't capable of handling.

Here are some accident records per 100,000 hours for various high performance singles:

210 6.38
P210 7.74
Saratoga 3.15
Lance 6.72
A36 3.43
M20J 2.66
M20K 4.43
114 2.58

Right that was what I was saying. I know that its the pilots fault. That's why I was inquireing about his time. Did rich have any thing to say about the 210. I know he owns a T210.

Back