Hi-tech aviation in houston

rb3000

hello

i just want to know if anybody here has experience with hi-tech aviationin houston tx. is it a good school to train?

thankx

I have never trained there, but I instruct at DWH and have been over there a couple of times and the people that work there have always been nice. Planes look good too.

It really depends on the training your looking for. As I recall from a year ago they had a multi. but it was broken 3 out of 4 weeks. They were overloaded with indian students as most places on the field were. They have descent planes, but i don't know about the instructors. I'd check the area out, especially united flight school. It seemed like they had there act together at least when i was there.

I am choosing between Hi-tech and United flight system here in hooks airport to do my Private training, but i still don't know which one is better for the training i have visited both of them.

I am choosing between Hi-tech and United flight system here in hooks airport to do my Private training, but i still don't know which one is better for the training i have visited both of them.

Let me know, because I would like to do some training at Hooks. My big issue is the 141 and VA thing. You may not care about it, but it's a deciding factor for me. Let me know what you decide and how everything goes, I've got to make a decision pretty soon. Actually considering a couple FBO's in the middle of nowhere..i.e. Missouri, Kansas, etc.

Not in Houston yet but will be moving there soon, moving to Humble. PM me if you find any good info!!!

Chris

Go with Hi-Tech. I got my PPL with them in 2003. I'm still renting aircraft from them, and with good reason. They offer the best value. Their best instructor is Chuck Lindgren. He may charge a bit more, but it is well worth it. I fly with him for all my recurrent training and new aircraft checkouts. Paying just a bit more is more than compensated by ample experience and a knowledgable instructor who will teach you more about the plane. He has an A&P (aircraft mechanic) license to boot.

Back