Hi everyone!! I've been wanting to post........

fender_jag

Hi everyone!! I\'ve been wanting to post........

but this MYSQL error message kept generating when I initially registered and thereafter.

I'm glad to be part of this forum and have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's rants, raves, insights, and anecdotes. Doug, thanks for providing a place for pilots to share stories and meet one another.

Talk to all of you soon!

Re: Hi everyone!! I\'ve been wanting to post........

Hey, I'm glad you're here too!

9 days of working with tech support to fix some of the scripting!

Visit often!

Welcome aboard. This is a classy website, one of a kind. Enjoy.

guitar player huh?
smirk.gif

Welcome aboard.....

Welcome!

Doug, I'm glad to hear that the software glitches for the new users were worked out...

I've got a friend from work that should be joining us real soon!

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

drumminpilot, yes sir: Music is one of my true passions (along with flying and surfing).

I'd love to get a band of pilots together. Any idea for a name? I was thinking of something like "Class Charlie Crooners".
cool.gif

How about 'Tails in the Wind' oh wait that is the name of the strip club I am going start next to an airport.

That's awesome jag. What's funny, is a couple of hours before I read your post, a guy was showing us a jag he just bought. Thought that was kind of ironic.
smile.gif
That would be interesting getting a band full of pilots..... bad thing is, nobody in the crowd would get any of the jokes that would be told on stage.....
tongue.gif
haha I like the "Class Charlie Crooners" though..... might change our band name to it....that is, if you don't have it trademarked yet....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How about 'Tails in the Wind' oh wait that is the name of the strip club I am going start next to an airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iain, what is a lap dance called: A precision approach?
ooo.gif

Drumminpilot, I hereby grant you express consent to use "Class Charlie Crooners" as the new name of your band.
wink.gif

That is a crazy coincidence with your friend's Jag. It's a great guitar, but then again, Fender makes great guitars and basses (the Strat, Telecaster, Precision, Jazzmaster, et al). I'm currently playing a Strat and an '88 Ibanez bass which sounds remarkably better than most basses today.

Are there other musicians/pilots who are registered w/jet careers?

Here's another idea for a pilot band: "The Convective SIGMETS"
grin.gif

I've been known to pick up a guitar from time to time. Played in a ska band for about a year in college, that was good times.
I've got an epiphone sheraton knockoff of the gibson es335 - love that fat semi-hollowbody sound

Welcome to all Newbies!

I used to pick a little myself (now I just grin).
grin.gif
I was learning in college and just started getting good when I got busy with other stuff. I've been wanting to start again, but all my buddies who play have gone separate ways and it isn't as much fun playing solo. I still have my Fender acoustic.

Cool!! I guess we have enough for an unofficial pilot-band; after our shows, we can visit Iain's strip club "Tails in the Wind". How much is the cover for pilots, Iain?
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I hereby grant you express consent to use "Class Charlie Crooners" as the new name of your band

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jag!! I appreciate that!!
laugh.gif

Speaking of Fender, I just bought a P-Bass a couple of weeks ago. We lost our bass player, so I moved from drums to bass. Interesting switch! I've also got a '78 Ibanez Les Paul copy (the one Gibson sued them over), and of course, a trap set with the assorted bells and whistles.
smirk.gif
Ibanez makes some pretty sweet basses, a few of my friends play em.

[ QUOTE ]
Iain, what is a lap dance called: A precision approach?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope. A Touch & Go.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
A Touch & Go.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha..... gives a new meaning to "Cleared for the option."

Way to go, drumminpilot! Your skills on drums should partially carry over to bass as you understand the complementary relationship of the two. Let me know if you have any questions at all about bass.

ready2fly, good one!! I was thinking of "Land and Hold Short", but that isn't really apro pos
grin.gif

What does "closed traffic" mean then?

Or how about "Sqare your turns!"?

Hey thanks for the offer jag, I may take you up on it! Playing drums has helped me out a ton so far on bass. Now I just have to get good in a month and a half before we play a huge festival here!!!
crazy.gif

Back