Hi all, new guy here

dabigboy

I actually signed into this site months ago but hadn't logged in until today. I'm Matt, currently working on computers in Arizona but looking to get into the aviation industry in the not-too-distant future, I hope. Anyway, looking forward to following the forums here and hopefully pick up some good info on the industry. I actually have my commercial license and instrument rating, but only about 240 TT at the moment. I guess my biggest obstacle right now is getting the money for further training and/or just more hours, but we'll see. Unfortunately I haven't flown for months due to inadequate $$$....for now most of my active flight time is spent on R/C aircraft. :D

Hey there! I'm Matt and I'm in Arizona too. Where in AZ are you? There's a bunch of us in the Phoenix area.

Welcome, nice to see new members.

Just don't sell your soul to the devil. Thought about getting a few instructor certificates to pass on your enjoyment and knowledge of flying to students? You know, make a little money and gain some experience.

Good luck

I actually signed into this site months ago but hadn't logged in until today. I'm Matt, currently working on computers in Arizona but looking to get into the aviation industry in the not-too-distant future, I hope. Anyway, looking forward to following the forums here and hopefully pick up some good info on the industry. I actually have my commercial license and instrument rating, but only about 240 TT at the moment. I guess my biggest obstacle right now is getting the money for further training and/or just more hours, but we'll see. Unfortunately I haven't flown for months due to inadequate $$$....for now most of my active flight time is spent on R/C aircraft. :D

Welcome. I think posts like these are why Doug started this website.

Enjoy your journey in aviation. That's pretty much what it is...a journey. My journey has taken me to places I'd never thought I'd see, met hundreds upon hundreds of interesting people and has kept me out of a dull, routine existence.

It's not the most stable career path...(3 of the 5 companies I've worked for are no longer in business!) but very dynamic and ever changing.

Good luck. Use the folks here as a resource. There's some good individuals around.

Thanks folks, sorry for my delay in following up.....been pretty busy around here. I'm in Tucson. I know there's quite a bit of flight activity in Phoenix, but I don't think I could live up there.....as it is, I can barely tolerate Tucson's city traffic. :p

Actually now that surreal mentions it, instruction is kind of what I'm leaning towards right now. I'd prefer to just fly, but instructors seem to be in fair demand these days. Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

Thanks folks, sorry for my delay in following up.....been pretty busy around here. I'm in Tucson. I know there's quite a bit of flight activity in Phoenix, but I don't think I could live up there.....as it is, I can barely tolerate Tucson's city traffic. :p

Actually now that surreal mentions it, instruction is kind of what I'm leaning towards right now. I'd prefer to just fly, but instructors seem to be in fair demand these days. Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

well there ya go.

instruct on the weekends to stay active, proficient, and build more experience...and in some short time youll be well positioned to decide if you want to take the plunge a step farther and pursue flying as your fulltime gig....

welcome and good luck!

Welcome aboard...

A word to yhe wise...say away from the ATC boards...:sarcasm:

There are some real :crazy:'s over there

Back