hey you new york guys

You the man!! that is awesome info and I love the local insight b/c I do plan to do the whole tourist thing while I'm there, Thanks!!
-You can take the Staten Island Ferry by the Statue of Liberty for free if you want to go that route and it takes less time than the Manhattan Cruise or the Circle Line Liberty Cruises.
-Go to the top of the Empire State Building. Buy tickets online BEFOREHAND! You do not have to wait in the ticket line; you get to go straight through security. Central Park is HUGE as you will see. 800 acres...
-Times Square is overrated. It isn't worth the hassle to get there and get around. There really isn't anything to do there.
-Go to St. Paul's...Church is right across the street from the WTC site and didn't have a single window broken or a grave disturbed on 9/11. A freakin miracle. Also, they have the bench where George Washington would sit when he went to church services as President...It was interesting to me.
-Museum of Natural History: use the subway entrance. It is based on donations but the suggested donation is $14. You can also buy tickets online which are $14 plus a surcharge. If you take the subway you use a different entrance and bypass long lines. You could literally spend an entire weekend just in this museum.
-The financial district around Wall St and the New York Stock Exchange is nice to walk around. Battery Park is pretty and at Castle Clinton you can take a boat out to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It takes a long time to get tickets, go through security, and wait for boats. My suggestion would be to either look at it from the shore or use the Staten Island Ferry instead.

My suggestion would be to start downtown. Umm, once you make it to the Empire State Building, walk up Fifth Avenue, making sure to hit Rockefeller Center. You see a lot of the city this way and most of the touristy stores like Saks, Tiffany's, Brooks Brothers, ESPN World, etc. Once you reach Central Park, you will see Grand Army Plaza and Park Avenue. Walk over to Park Avenue and that is one of the richiest areas in the country and they have some great architecture.

bitchy, those pictures make the ocean look so much nicer than it actually is lol... although maybe it is nicer out there on Long Island... I'm used to the good ol' Jersey shore :rolleyes:

Ew, Jersey, are you kidding? There is NO comparison, I promise you all that.

I was actually thinking of how those random pictures I found actually don't do these places justice. It's even nice just to go out there to stargaze, or to watch the sunsets, when it's quiet. And if you're a city boy, to be around mile after mile of trees, and trees. I always see deer and great northern geese on the way, too.

Ew, Jersey, are you kidding? There is NO comparison, I promise you all that.

Oh trust me, I'm not kidding. I have lived in Jersey my whole life, 15 minute train ride from Manhattan... and I have never been anywhere out on Long Island :eek:

PS. The shore here is yucky... everyone listen to bitchy and go there :)

-You can take the Staten Island Ferry by the Statue of Liberty for free if you want to go that route and it takes less time than the Manhattan Cruise or the Circle Line Liberty Cruises.
-Go to the top of the Empire State Building. Buy tickets online BEFOREHAND! You do not have to wait in the ticket line; you get to go straight through security. Central Park is HUGE as you will see. 800 acres...
-Times Square is overrated. It isn't worth the hassle to get there and get around. There really isn't anything to do there.
-Go to St. Paul's...Church is right across the street from the WTC site and didn't have a single window broken or a grave disturbed on 9/11. A freakin miracle. Also, they have the bench where George Washington would sit when he went to church services as President...It was interesting to me.
-Museum of Natural History: use the subway entrance. It is based on donations but the suggested donation is $14. You can also buy tickets online which are $14 plus a surcharge. If you take the subway you use a different entrance and bypass long lines. You could literally spend an entire weekend just in this museum.
-The financial district around Wall St and the New York Stock Exchange is nice to walk around. Battery Park is pretty and at Castle Clinton you can take a boat out to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It takes a long time to get tickets, go through security, and wait for boats. My suggestion would be to either look at it from the shore or use the Staten Island Ferry instead.

My suggestion would be to start downtown. Umm, once you make it to the Empire State Building, walk up Fifth Avenue, making sure to hit Rockefeller Center. You see a lot of the city this way and most of the touristy stores like Saks, Tiffany's, Brooks Brothers, ESPN World, etc. Once you reach Central Park, you will see Grand Army Plaza and Park Avenue. Walk over to Park Avenue and that is one of the richiest areas in the country and they have some great architecture.

I just printed off the address for Lombardi's as well as all your info. Thank you much!! I will be sure to update you on what I find(or don't, should be interesting)..... :rawk:

Oh trust me, I'm not kidding. I have lived in Jersey my whole life, 15 minute train ride from Manhattan... and I have never been anywhere out on Long Island :eek:

PS. The shore here is yucky... everyone listen to bitchy and go there :)

The only two good things about Jersey, from my experience are:
1) Mitsuwa in Edgewater/Fort Lee: best Asian supermarket I've ever been to.
2) Skylands: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7355435@N04/819941331/

Hey all... I'm gonna be at the NYC PEPC... my question for all of us attending the PEPC is what bar do we want to celebrate at (assuming we all get TOL'S)!?!?!!

Another question, has anyone been told what time to be at the HQ? I thought I was suppose to get an e-mail yesterday about it.

I'm staying at the Sheraton @ JFK the night before the PEPC if anyone wants to get together the night before to relax or chill out.

OH- Some words of advice on your Security clearance form...

-Make sure that EVERY SINGLE SPACE has something in it, like N/A. DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING BLANK!!!! Date fields... phone numbers... zip codes... fill it in!! It'll save you a headache... I've gotten to know one of the hiring people fairly well and they passed on some advice to me, and that was one piece. Another was if you were ever arrested and placed on probation or diversion (I was on diversion for a year) to bring proof that you completed your probation/diversion.

-Also, for your 7 year work history... easiest thing, and SMARTEST thing to do is go to your closest Social Security office and have them print out a work history, especially if it's extensive like mine (I had to use 3 extension pages to fill out all of my history). It'll cost you a few bucks, but at least you'll be 100% accurate and honest on the form, which is what they are gonna be looking for (if you omit anything, you could get s**t-canned before you ever make it to OKC).

-Make sure you inform EVERYONE you list on your security clearance form that you are putting them down (call them and just tell them), and what you're putting them down for. You don't want someone knocking on their door and to have them give conflicting information.

-If you've ever had a FAA Medical in the past, bring your medical with you if you still have it.

-Be ready to explain anything that's questionable in your past (DUI's, arrests, drug/alcohol addiction, psych issues, lawsuits, bankruptcy, etc). They may ask you what/why certain things happened.

-MAKE A COPY OF YOUR SECURITY CLEARANCE FORM AND PUT IT IN A SAFE OR SAFTET DEPOSIT BOX!!!!! DON'T TURN IT IN WITHOUT MAKING AND KEEPING A COPY!!! 7 years from now when you have to fill it out again, it'll save you the headache.... especially if it took you 3 days like me to fill the thing out!

That's that advice I was given by her and from one of my friends that is a controller.

See you in NYC!!! **WOOT!!!!**

here is the form you need for the SS report but it looks like they mail it to you, were they able to print you one out in the office? I don't have time for mail.
http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-7050.pdf

are they going to stop by and say hello to the associates on your family page as well? Some of these people I haven't even talked to in 10+ years, lol

here is the form you need for the SS report but it looks like they mail it to you, were they able to print you one out in the office? I don't have time for mail.
http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-7050.pdf
All you do is walk in, have your SSN#, and a picture ID, and they print it off right there for you. No forms to fill out, nice and quick.

are they going to stop by and say hello to the associates on your family page as well? Some of these people I haven't even talked to in 10+ years, lol

No idea... I'm sure there's the possibility, so I wouldn't put down anyone who's s**tlist you are on! LoL

Yup. I went by the social security office today and just showed them my driver's license and they printed off my work history.

well I don't have time to hit the SS office so I have to go off my best recollection. I've been at this job for 4 years so it's not that many...

hey on the references, do they have to be neighbors? I don't know any of mine so I've just been using coworkers etc.

well I don't have time to hit the SS office so I have to go off my best recollection. I've been at this job for 4 years so it's not that many...

hey on the references, do they have to be neighbors? I don't know any of mine so I've just been using coworkers etc.

I'm in the same dillemma. I think i'll just put down friends for most of those references of "who knows you at that address"

LOL @ walking distance...if it's on the other side of the expressway, then forget it.

You'd have to be suicidal to walk along a major road out here. Just a head's up (someone's pic of the road from Google Images...just envision bumper to bumper traffic here):
002.JPG

Just get a cab; it's not going to be that much.

LOL worst advice evar.omg its like 7 blocks and about a seven minute walk.. all on sidewalks. who would DARE such a feat. puleeeze.

I just met someone to split the hotel(same hotel as you) but I will be there the 8th-10th otherwise for sure would..... still am looking forward to hearing how it goes for you since you seem to be the first wave through there.
PEOPLE....make sure you get the money from the person BEFORE (or at least when they check in)....i split a room with a person and got screwed over 100+$

Yup. I went by the social security office today and just showed them my driver's license and they printed off my work history.

I went by the social security office today and they gave me forms that need to be filled out and I mail them and a $30 check back to them for my employment history..... BS!!!! I told them how you guys did it and they said that the office is not supposed to handle it that way... I was pissed... oh well :banghead:

Back