Hey Part 135, Fedex Feeder guys.

Jhugz wishes he was at ameriflight ;)

I turned that job down once, otherwise I'd be in MIA or CVG in the Metro. To be honest I would go to AMF. It seems like a good company and your guys DoT is a good dude. The real reason I turned it down was because I didn't want to go through metro initial twice in two months and your guys abbreviated metro course was longer then my companies initial. I had some other leads lined up and was willing to go on unemployment for a while to spend some time with my family at home. It ended up working out though and the UPS shuffle continues to baffle me and I'm back where I started.

@Andy I work for another UPS feeder up in the Dakotas.

Man, why are you so afraid of training at AMF????

The MIA base is nice, they have some great runs out there and will be expanding soon. As soon as I am sick of SJU, ill be trying to bid on something in MIA

Oh he was just pulling your leg.

But really a Metro in MIA or CVG? I know some guys that have been with that company for a while that would like those runs. Was this recent?

Man, why are you so afraid of training at AMF????

The MIA base is nice, they have some great runs out there and will be expanding soon. As soon as I am sick of SJU, ill be trying to bid on something in MIA

I'm not afraid of AMF training, I don't agree with the length of it, but I'm sure they do a good job. I was burnt out. Just got over the stress of getting a call the day before my type ride/atp ride with a fed, saying I probably won't have a job in a month. Also just the general stress of my first turbine, single pilot, upgrade situation. We have had pilots fail out of the upgrade and get send packing from the company or best case scenario get your route back if it is still there. I just wouldn't have been in the right mindset for that training, and that's it.

Oh he was just pulling your leg.

But really a Metro in MIA or CVG? I know some guys that have been with that company for a while that would like those runs. Was this recent?

I wasn't offered those up front. I was offered my route which was won by AMF, but then AMF lost it a couple weeks later. If I decided to stay with AMF instead of going back to my other company, I'd probably be in MIA or CVG supposedly.

Could have something to do with the rate of bust checkrides!

Not going to lie, but the amount of washouts you have in initial training is probably an issue on the HR end.

Jhugz:
I got ya. You like flying up there is it pretty challenging in the metro?

My company is awesome, the airplane is awesome, the Dakota's eh not my favorite, and the UPS shuffle is frustrating at best.

Gnarly ice/snow in the spring.
Gnarly TS in the Summer.
Fog in the Fall.
Ice/snow/fog in the winter.

The WX is challenging and so is the airplane, but if I can do it, any hack can.

Nah, if it was, there would be a trail of dead pilots too. Which there isn't

Not what I'm getting at, your guys training program does a good job at washing out the kids that can't cut it. Shows by your guys safety record. I do believe however your initial hiring process doesn't do a good enough job at screening. There is no reason for the level of washouts you guys have in the new hire process. Again I'm not trying to knock on AMF, just stating my observations.

Not what I'm getting at, your guys training program does a good job at washing out the kids that can't cut it. Shows by your guys safety record. I do believe however your initial hiring process doesn't do a good enough job at screening. There is no reason for the level of washouts you guys have in the new hire process. Again I'm not trying to knock on AMF, just stating my observations.
Okay, I see the confusion. But I'm not talking about the "initial" washout rate.

Yea, I live in the outstation, and I average about 55ish-60 hours a month with some OT.

I know I am asking lots of questions but how does living at the outstation work do you pick up your packages from the outstation or do you have a hub that you fly to? Is your plane always where you are?

Back