Hey Mtsu_av8er...

EatSleepFly

I was down in Tullahoma, TN (THA- aka, the Middle of Nowhere) on Sunday 8/31. Is that anywhere near you?

I would have PM'd you if I knew I was coming...but I only found out about the trip 45 min. before I left. One of our customers got weathered down there (not instrument rated), and the boss wanted the plane back NOW. So, I hopped in the new 182 and flew another pilot down to pick up the plane and his family. Fun flight...415nm each way, a whole crapload of nasty weather to pick my way through (thank god for Stormscopes and helpful ATCers), and got lots of actual.
cool.gif

Wow...you were right down the road a piece (as they say in these parts...
grin.gif
). 30.5 miles direct to the Murfreesboro airport. Next time you're in this neck of the woods, let me know and I'll gladly be your host!!!

How was the ride in? It's been pretty much low IFR all day today, and it's starting to burn off now....I think there will be more!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
How was the ride in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too bad. It was VFR with thunderstorms and buildups all over the place. Hot though...I tuned in ASOS about 85 miles out, where it was a comfortable 52 degrees at 10,000, and couldnt believe it when it said 90.

The flight back to Ohio is a whoooole 'nother story! I had to deviate around a T-storm near the Lexington area with tops to FL700 (according to the briefer anyways). Saw some serious lightning a lot closer than I would normally care to as well. Once north of all that crap, it was just heavy IMC but smooth ride most of the way back. I even heard my old instructor on the radio tooling around in the turbine Twin Commander that he flies!

[ QUOTE ]
a T-storm near the Lexington area with tops to FL700 (according to the briefer anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif

CONCORDE would have to deviate around that bad boy...

[ QUOTE ]
Would the SR 71 and U@ be able to climb above?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. According to SR-71 Online, "the SR-71 was developed as a long-range strategic reconnaissance aircraft capable of flying at speeds over Mach 3.2 and at 85,000 feet."

Back