Hey Dough....

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
Is that a clip-on: :eek:

3165124334_54645623d7.jpg

Hell yeah that's a clip-on!

Doors closed, clip-on comes off, zip-up sweater goes on! I'm perpetually cold and it's a lot more comfortable than looking like a rent-a-cop for 9 1/2 hours! :)

Oh come on bro, I'm straight! :) Do you think I'm that concerned about looking fashionable locked behind a reinforced door with another dude? ha! :)

"Why yes skipper, this IS cashmere."

Y'all best be backing off my man Doug and his clip on tie.

I have one too and if anyone has any issues with Doug's clip on or mine, tell me. I am always looking for a new one and I wouldn't mind clipping someones arm on after I was finished ripping it off. Hoes.

Only kidding. Mine is actually so someone can not strangle me with my own tie when they feel like throwing down.

Why does SouthernJets have color in their Jepps?

Double-breasted Naval Blazers full of brass make it shiny up there?

:)

Another Vote

I used to have a zipper tie.

Then I had to switch out of that one for certain reasons and I had to use company money to purchase a new tie but the only options were a real one or a clip-on. I opted for the clip-on.

I don't think I will ever even go back to the zipper tie and definitely not to a real tie. I thought it was easy and convenient but the clip-on is a huge step past it because I don't have to take it over my head.

Clip-on for the foreseeable future for me.

Just curious as to why everyone prefers a clip on?

I had to wear a tie to work for 2 years and all I did was loosen them up at the end of the day then a week or 2 later when I'm wearing the same tie I just put it on and tighten it back up.

I love the clip-on. I would never wear one outside of work, but I take it off after the door closes every leg, so it's easier to use a clip-on when I'm flying. I liked the zip-tie when I was at Pinnacle, but we have special ties with the company logo that we have to wear, and you can't get it in a zip-tie.

Just curious as to why everyone prefers a clip on?

Me? Convenience and the threat of hijacking.

Seriously. One of my college friend's father was hijacked back in the 1960's and they ALWAYS grab for your tie to strangle you with it to assert control. Always. You can't effectively fight someone off when they're strangling you.

I don't know. Some old, crotchety, retired airline pilot told me that when I was a young neophyte, I'd consider his advice to be solid! :)

Additionally, I also know another pilot from my last airline that was physically assaulted where the person grabbed him by the tie and slammed him against the aircraft in a split second.

I'm not paranoid man, just from what I've seen happen when things go pear shaped, I think I'd be a fool to regularly wear a stanard tie.

I hate wearing a tie, I'm all about the clip on.

That being said, if I'm wearing a suit outside of work I'm also wearing a "real" tie.

Me? Convenience and the threat of hijacking.

Seriously. One of my college friend's father was hijacked back in the 1960's and they ALWAYS grab for your tie to strangle you with it to assert control. Always. You can't effectively fight someone off when they're strangling you.

Isn't the rule of the door is that it doesn't come open no matter what? Even if someone is using a boxcutter for something other than it's intended purpose? So if the door never opens, you really don't have to worry about being hijacked, then again, if you've ever watched Flightplan, then there are jefferies tube throughout the airplane and can gain access to the flight deck that way. But that's just IMHO.

I'm a believer in a multi-tiered paranoia solution, personally!

Isn't the rule of the door is that it doesn't come open no matter what? Even if someone is using a boxcutter for something other than it's intended purpose? So if the door never opens, you really don't have to worry about being hijacked, then again, if you've ever watched Flightplan, then there are jefferies tube throughout the airplane and can gain access to the flight deck that way. But that's just IMHO.

Maybe in-flight hijacking isn't so common these days and security is better than before there, but there are other reasons, too. Crewmembers being assaulted on layovers isn't unheard of. Just recently an Eagle pilot came back their hotel room in Memphis and found someone robbing it.

Personally, I like less material around my neck because that means I'm much cooler on Dallas summer days during walk-arounds.

A conventional neck tie is a safe thing for an office job with padded cubicle walls. All the moving machinery, potential threats, and whatever of a pilot's life make a clip-on safer.

Besides, like Doug said- when that door goes closed, why not relax a little? If you're up there for hours out of sight.. no reason to be uncomfortable.

Cowboy special? How would one order that? "I'll have the cowboy special, and don't cheat me on the gravy!"

Back