Here's Something You Don't See On The Beach Everyday

Looks similar to mine (though I didn't land on the beach). Main oil return line to my left motor completely backed out, and all the oil that could gravity drain out did so prior to taking a trap. Whole time I thought it was a bad sensor and grudgingly shut it down. When I hopped out on the runway, it was literally everywhere.

And nobody picked up on this?

All of your Top Gun quote cards have been revoked!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...er-zone-chopper-lands-beach-article-1.2187620

Singer Kenny Loggins witnesses 'Danger Zone' as military helicopter lands on California beach

Life imitated art--if that's what you want to call it--when 80s pop singer Kenny Loggins literally stepped into a real-life "Danger Zone" after a military helicopter made an emergency landing on the sand at Solana Beach in California Wednesday.

Loggins, who rose to fame with soundtrack-ready pop gems including "Footloose" and "I'm Alright" from the movie Caddyshack, shared images of the beached helicopter moments after the aircraft landed just feet from the water on beautiful Solana Beach, near San Diego.

danger17n-1-web.jpg

And nobody picked up on this?

All of your Top Gun quote cards have been revoked!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...er-zone-chopper-lands-beach-article-1.2187620

Singer Kenny Loggins witnesses 'Danger Zone' as military helicopter lands on California beach

Life imitated art--if that's what you want to call it--when 80s pop singer Kenny Loggins literally stepped into a real-life "Danger Zone" after a military helicopter made an emergency landing on the sand at Solana Beach in California Wednesday.

Loggins, who rose to fame with soundtrack-ready pop gems including "Footloose" and "I'm Alright" from the movie Caddyshack, shared images of the beached helicopter moments after the aircraft landed just feet from the water on beautiful Solana Beach, near San Diego.

danger17n-1-web.jpg

Bummer, if it was Kenny Rogers the crew probably coulda gotten the hook up on some chicken!

Kenny-Rogers-Roasters.png

Never liked these things. I know Im an army boy, but when I did have the opportunity to do an air assault thingy with marine transport (from MCRD no less) our Stallion failed run up 3 times before we took off.
Needless to say after 90 minutes sitting in battle rattle inhailing fumes, that 40 minute flight was one of the longest ever.

Back