Here's some reality-tv for ya!

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Here\'s some reality-tv for ya!

So I'm scheduled to fly flight 2139 from DFW to LAS (originally scheduled for 1530 central time) so I saunter out to gate 18 and the three gate agents are looking at me like I'm the Dali Lama with all the answers.

They're like "What can you do about the delay?"

"What delay?"

"Oh, they've got you on a ground stop until 1700 because of deicing".

My first thought was "Gee, suuuuure, it's LAS, tell me what's really up instead of what you're telling the passengers!"

Apparently, according to my sources, LAS got some snow this afternoon and the place is a wreck.

So I walk down to the jet, put my bags away, intercept the three flight attendats walking down the jetway towards the aircraft and say, "We're on a weather delay!"

Their response?

"Hahaha! Yeah, you're full of (expletive deleted)"

"No, really!"

I pick up my cellphone, call Kristie (who, by the way, is suppposedly going bowling with the same yahoo's who decided to cancel yesterday) and say "Hey, the flight is delayed because of weather/de-icing in LAS"

Her response?

"Noooo! Really?"

So here I am in the pilot lounge.

Real enough for ya?
smile.gif

Re: Here\'s some reality-tv for ya!

I have some pictures of my house and backyard if someone wants to post them for me. The west side got the worst of it at about 3/4 of an inch. Mt. Charleston got over 2 feet.

Biggest snow storm in the valley in over 7 years.

Snow in LAS. I know your pain. I can remember growing up in Charleston, SC and a few times we did get snow aroufn X-mas.The entire city shutdown; an inch of snow and it was time to close school and everything. Did you at least get a meal voucher?
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I have some pictures of my house and backyard if someone wants to post them for me. The west side got the worst of it at about 3/4 of an inch. Mt. Charleston got over 2 feet.

Biggest snow storm in the valley in over 7 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

(posted on behalf of chperplt)

snow.JPG

snow2.JPG

snow3.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
The entire city shutdown; an inch of snow and it was time to close school and everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that happens in the DC area, too! If they predict an inch or two of snow, you'll see all the folks descend on the grocery stores picking up milk and TP. They'll pick enough up to last for a month. Never mind that we're talking about an inch or two of snow that will melt in like two days!

That's a cute little dusting...I thought I would never be able to say that, but here in New England they know how to take care of the streets (except in Boston where they are having contract problems, but I digress). When I lived in TX, I loved the fact that they were not prepared for snow/ice and after 1/2 - 1", everything closed. Some areas deal with it all the time and are prepared, and others have no clue how to even build a good snowman.
grin.gif

shoot, Vegas has more snow on the ground there than we have in Minneapolis. There's some irony....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
(posted on behalf of chperplt)

snow.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that whit sh*t all over the ground?

Sand?

Confetti?.... you guys celebrating New Years early?
wink.gif

grin.gif

Back