Help

milehigh

I know this has come easy to a lot of you, but I am having a hard time trying to grasp the basic of what part 121, 125 and 135 means.

Can anyone please explain this to me the easiest way they know how?

Thanks!

121 = airline
135 = charter or cargo. either on demand (not scheduled) or scheduled.
125 = not sure myself

It's just what "part" of the FARs apply to that sort of operation. The rules in section 121 of the FARs are geared towards airline operations. The 135 section is more for on demand or scheduled charter and freight.

These are simply the various chapters, or parts, of the Federal Avation Regulations

Part 121 contains operating regulations for air carriers

Part 125 contains certification requirements for aircraft carrying 20 or more passengers or a payload capacity 6000 lbs or greater

Part 135 Regulations regarding commuter and on-demand (non-scheduled) operations

Here's one for you, sportsfans.

What's the difference between a part 121 supplemental carrier and an on-demand commercial operator?

These are simply the various chapters, or parts, of the Federal Avation Regulations

Part 121 contains operating regulations for air carriers

Part 125 contains certification requirements for aircraft carrying 20 or more passengers or a payload capacity 6000 lbs or greater

Part 135 Regulations regarding commuter and on-demand (non-scheduled) operations

Excellent explanation.

Back