Help

Jim1

Can I ask for reconsideration after a final denial of a medical certificate? I got a denial letter saying I can ask for reconsideration. I can ask any time I have significant medical evidence to offer they said . This was not a final denial but should I ask for reconsideration even before I’m off my meds accept for celexa?

You want to have the situation and correspondence reviewed by a professional because the rules are a complex. I see in the first paragraph you said it was final and in the second paragraph said it was not final. That actually makes some sense when you really understand the rules, but it underlies the importance of looking at the paperwork..

Reconsideration takes various forms and go up the chain all the way to an appeal to the NTSB but they all involve reconsideration of the current application and they tend to be time-limited. The denial you received may have mentioned them. I can't even come up with a good general rule on whether or not to ask for it without a medical opinion about what I would need to present based on the reason for the denial.

If there is one saving grace to the process, it is that even a truly final denial (even an outright revocation) does not preclude reapplication at a later date, when all our ducks are in a row. Simple example: pilot has a heart attack in circumstances where CAMI learns about it and revokes the certificate. Nothing precludes the pilot from reapplying once treated, the condition stabilized, and able to present documentation that they meet post heart issue requirements.

Back