Help recommend low price vlj charter...

KraFT

I'm looking for info on low cost vlj charters mostly between NY and Toronto. round trip flights possibly with an overnight stay or two. Anyone have any info on companies other than NetJet's? They charge a hefty out of pocket initially, then an hourly... There's too much info to sift through online... Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thx...

What part of NY? The city or Stewart?

If you want low cost you could always hire a kid in a 172.:sarcasm:

If you are looking at what most people consider "VLJs" (which netjets does not provide) Linear Air has Eclipses based in BED. Planesense has PC-12s on a fractional ownership program all over the east coast.

Netjets isnt a charter program either. Marquis Jet, and executinve jet management are the charter programs under the BH umbrella.

I don't know of any specific charter companies based at SWF, but i'd imagine there are at least a couple of jets based there. I'd call the FBOs there and chat with them, they would know the local operators better than random people on the internet.

What part of NY? The city or Stewart?

If you want low cost you could always hire a kid in a 172.:sarcasm:

I can be that kid :nana2:

seriously, check out just getting someone with a piston single to fly you there, NY-YYZ is actually quicker in a 172, than on jetblue (or any other 121) due to the hassles.

seriously, check out just getting someone with a piston single to fly you there, NY-YYZ is actually quicker in a 172, than on jetblue (or any other 121) due to the hassles.

Good call, but you'll have to make sure you can claim asylum in Canada to avoid the FAA.

If you're going to go to Net, they will pass you to EJM (Executive Jet Management). Marquis will sell to you in 25/50 hour blocks.

I think Linear Air was the best selection for the cost and convenience. They also can fly out of KHPN as well as KBED. If you want to impress more than a couple friends with your " personal Air Taxi VLJ (on their website), they'll take you in a Grand Caravan.
I'd be interested to know the price they quote you. (also on their website)

icon6.gif

My vote is for you to spend the cash and utilize netjets...I own some stock in the holding company and i would like that stock to go up please; so go book with netjets.

Are you looking because you actually plan on traveling between these two city's in a VLJ, or is this research for your "friend" wanting to start a charter of micro's? :)

I REALLY hope you're missing a :sarcasm: tag or two.....

I was sarcastic about being that kid.

But I was serious about the 172 being quicker. I had not known flying into Canada was much of a hassle however, i was basing my experience off of repetitious flights between FRG on Long Island, and BUF. Learn something new every day.

I was sarcastic about being that kid.

But I was serious about the 172 being quicker. While its not as fast as a VLJ, its cheaper to acquire and quicker than scheduled options (took me on average 6 hrs JFK-BUF after security etc). I had not known flying into Canada was much of a hassle however. I was basing my experience off of flights between FRG on Long Island, and BUF. Learn something new every day.

I saw the Socata mentioned on another forum. Though not a VLJ, the TBM 700/850 air taxis by nsaero.com are perhaps less expensive.
icon6.gif

Back