Help....need advice!

pullup

Homewrecker
OK....here goes. I have been following this forum for awhile and appreciate all the advice given so far. I have always wanted to be a pilot, but the condition of the industry is making it a very difficult decision (as you all know!). I have one year left for my masters in aerospace engineering but am wondering whether or not to drop that and put all my time and money into flight training. Or would graduating, getting a job (and all that adult stuff
tongue.gif
) while building time more slowly be a better option? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!!!!!

John

-----------------------------

Not being the most experienced person alive ration would tell me to stay in your masters program. Its always nice to have a back up. Why not use your degree to pay for your time building? I think you already knew the answer but wanted a different answer. You don't make it into a masters program by being a dummy.

[ QUOTE ]
would graduating, getting a job (and all that adult stuff
tongue.gif
) while building time more slowly be a better option? Any advice is welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definatly! A masters degree can only be an asset no matter what you decide to do later on.

With hiring as it is right now there is no rush - finish your masters and slowly build time when hiring picks up you can quit and go off to and bang out the ratings like there is no tomorrow.

Hell, with a masters degree in Aerospace engineering why not just become an aerospace engineer, get your private and maybe an instrument rating.........Then down the line buy your own plane and fly whenever and wherever you want. Thats what I would do, unless you have the dream to fly the heavy stuff.1.
Smokey.................................................................................

I would say finish your education, and take some lessons while you're doing that. Keep on building time while you're working as an engineer and most importantly, SAVE MONEY! Save any money that you can while you're on an engineer's salary because it will be a long time before you see that income again if you start flying for a living.

Back